Scubapro S600 & R395 MOUTHPIECE recommendation needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airbug1009

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a new set of regulator, S600 second stage and R395 Octopus. I used it for the first time last week and the mouthpiece that came with the S600 & R395 are very uncomfortable, compared to before when I used rental regulators. My gum hurts after the dive.

Can anyone please suggest which brand and kind of mouthpiece is most comfortable? Thanks!

I'm not sure but from the picture, I THINK my S600 comes with the Scubapro Supercomfort mouthpiece... if it is, then it's really uncomfortable cuz the silicone is so stiff...

I like the Comfo-bite mouthpieces that come on Aqualung and Apeks regs.
Some people have raved about the Seacure moldable mouthpieces.
Those are two pretty good options.

Good luck.

I had the same problem with my mouthpiece. I have a very small bite and it was rubbing my gums raw. I looked at the Seacure mouthpieces but they seemed too big for my small mouth. The Comfo-bite fit the bill perfectly.

I haven't had any problems with my ScubaPro mouthpieces; but if I did, I would also switch to the AL Comfo-bite. I used to use USD equipment and always liked that mouthpiece.

As a dive dive,I have had the same regs for over ten years & replaced my S600 with a Hi-flo comfort moldable mouth piece. For me,it relieves mouth/jaw fatique & stays in position during those mask ripping currents.
Dive safe,Have fun.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

I like the Comfo-bite mouthpieces that come on Aqualung and Apeks regs.
Some people have raved about the Seacure moldable mouthpieces.
Those are two pretty good options.

Good luck.

I like this one as well, all my Open circuit regs have them, I even put one on my Rebreather.

I have the long mouth peice that you heat in water then bite onto soit is customised to your mouth. Fantastic diving with it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom