Stupid, stupid, stupid question......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How does one place photos in threads / posts? It asks me for a link, but the picture ison my computer.....

Embarrassed to ask the question,

Pete

Upload the image to a hosting site, like imagecrown.com or photobucket, and then copy the URL of the image. In your SB message, click the little yellow icon above the text box, that has the mountains on it, (second icon from the right) and a pop-up window will appear, asking for the URL. Paste the URL of your photo in it and click, "okay."

I asked the same question not too long ago. To do what you are asking you have to have them hosted on one of those free photo websites. I found it easier to just upload them to my album to share them. Or if you have a question about a type of fish just attach it.

I have little experience with this but that has never stopped me before :D

1) put the image on a server somewhere like Photobucket, or the Scubaboard photogallery
2a) when typing your post, click on the little yellow icon for "insert image" (it looks like a mountain and sun). A pop up window will appear. Paste in the link from the server
2b) include some code like this in your post [IMG]your link here[/IMG]

I thought you could just go to GO ADVANCED button when posting, and you can upload your image with out a link!!!

I thought you could just go to GO ADVANCED button when posting, and you can upload your image with out a link!!!
You can, in the advanced menu click the paperclip icon. Then browse your computer select an image and upload it. Note the 200KB filesize limit.

If you want a larger image in the post link to it using the directions above. As I recall you have to add http://www.scubaboard.com/ to the SB Photogallery link or it won't work.

Using the paperclip icon yields a thumbnail like this:

There are a few ways...

The Honorable Fish_Whisperer described the most common using the Insert Image icon shown below. If you use that one, limit your width to 640 max so you won't blow the thread away. Photobucket has a loading option for that.

If you Google for something with Googles Images, you can select one under 640 wide, go to full size, copy that Url and past it in the Insert Image box.

If you have the image on a SB Photo gallery album, you can use a code there - a little tricky, tutorials available if desired.

Or you can use a thumbnail of a image on your hard drive as I have done here with Manage Attachments below the reply box or the Paperclip icon - 200 kb max... :wink:

Attachments

• Screen01_edited (Custom) (2).JPG
    Screen01_edited (Custom) (2).JPG
    5 KB · Views: 23
Adding one more step to this thread, how do you post more than one (muliple) pictures in a post???........

Back
Top Bottom