How do I search for a trip report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBarbadosBlue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
NEw to SB and have been advised by some members to refer to their trip reports...how do I find them and where to look? Many thanks

Go to the top blue line and look for Search; then, on the drop down menu (there are only two options), type in the place you're looking for in the Search Forums window and click GO, and it should take you to several reports.

It's a little counterintuitive but the Advanced Search selection under Search Forums also allows you to specify the username of the poster. If you still can't find the specific trip report, try clicking on their username in a post, there will be an option to Find more posts by... however some of us have a lot of posts to scroll through...lol

Welcome to Scubaboard!!

U not kidding 3000+ posts...you're a writer I see. You ever written about Barbados? we are an operator in Bdos looking for the baseline info on our beautiful blue as we get into the board. Let us know if we can help.

No, I'm a Moderator. Comes with the job...

NEw to SB and have been advised by some members to refer to their trip reports...how do I find them and where to look? Many thanks

You can also type in the user name and location of the trip report. For example if you type

Rickg Sipadan

in the Search box it will take to a page of threads that I have posted to regarding Sipadan. If you scroll part way down the page you will find a link to my trip report from DEC 07.

One other thing to keep in mind is that your search terms need to be 4 characters or longer. Anything less won't work.

You can also type in the user name and location of the trip report. For example if you type

Rickg Sipadan

in the Search box it will take to a page of threads that I have posted to regarding Sipadan. If you scroll part way down the page you will find a link to my trip report from DEC 07.

One other thing to keep in mind is that your search terms need to be 4 characters or longer. Anything less won't work.
If I was searching for your trip report, I'd use Advanced Search, select Threads Started By under your Username, and the subject in Key words as shown in pic 1 below.

If I wanted Search all posts in which you used the word Air, I would use your Username and *air* so it would work on 3 letter as in pic 2.

I could even use scubaboard: Rickg air as in pic 3 or add a Google Scubaboard icon to my toolbar to search that way as circled in pic 4.

Some variations...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 23
Don't forget to browse the FAQ... :)

DBB......how close is your ops to Mojo's bar in Christ Church ??

Back
Top Bottom