Dive Boats - San Diego area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkDZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Gang,

Any suggestions on San Diego dive boats to Wreck Alley, kelp beds, and Coronados?
What goods and services do they provide? Costs? Looking primarily for weekday diving.

Thanks,

Shark

Check out the similar threads list at the bottom of this page. Lots of threads on this subject. Or just do a search.

To answer your question - I have been on Dive Bliss and had a great experience. I've also heard good things about the Lois Ann. These are both 6 packs that are very accomodating.

Dive-aholic:
To answer your question - I have been on Dive Bliss and had a great experience. I've also heard good things about the Lois Ann. These are both 6 packs that are very accomodating.

I personally love the Dive Bliss www.divebliss.com (also listed on www.oeexpress.com ), but from what I heard they were experiencing mechanical problems and were temporarily out of action. That was months ago, they're probably up and running by now (you might want to pop them an e-mail before hand, just in case). I've never been on the Lois Ann.

I too have heard good things re: Dive Bliss but never been with them. Went on two other boats and Lois Ann is the best i.m.h.o. and it's not a "6 pack". A real air fill even cold I got 3400 psi in my HP, Nitrox, and food with good customer service. They go regularly during the week. Enjoy. http://www.loisann.com/

Lois Ann is a great boat with great people on board. The only negative I would mention is that I left 4 messeges over a period of a week, and 1 email to reserve a spot. It took almost 2 weeks total for them to call me back. Probably a fluke and won't happen again.

I give them an A+ for the service they give though....Carl, one of the boat Captains is great guy, and Anita the Divemaster is equally as cool.

I'll definitely dive with them again...(granted I can score a reservation) :wink:

Another vote for the Lois Ann.... Anita & Carl are awesome!

MissyP:
Another vote for the Lois Ann.... Anita & Carl are awesome!

So are you, my dear pinko!

dwaters:
I too have heard good things re: Dive Bliss but never been with them. Went on two other boats and Lois Ann is the best i.m.h.o. and it's not a "6 pack". A real air fill even cold I got 3400 psi in my HP, Nitrox, and food with good customer service. They go regularly during the week. Enjoy. http://www.loisann.com/

Hmmm...I had heard it was. Misinformation, I guess. I guess that keeps me with the Bliss. I like smaller groups.

One more vote for the Lois Ann. Did a couple of trips with them this summer. Great boat (if a bit large). I got my recommendations right here on SB.

Back
Top Bottom