RX100 single inon 165 m67

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alta5

Registered
Reaction score
What can I shoot with a single inon 165 m67? I don't think I'll be doing any super macro. Will there be a significant different without diopter shooting things like nudibranchs and harlequin shrimp? Will it help with focus distance for fish portrait shots? From what I understand the diopter works by making the max focus distance closer. So can I get the same shot of lets say a clown fish from an extra 12 inches away?

A close up lens makes a difference when shooting a nudibranch, but you don't need one for portraits

The close up lens will NOT focus outiside its working range i.e. won't focus closer and won't focus further away

For an idea of the level of magnification look here

Sony RX100 ? Which close up lens gives real macro? | Interceptor121 Underwater Photo & Video Blog

A single UCL165 does not even achieve macro with the RX100, this is due to the fairly large capture area of the camera

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom