NAUI Intro to Tech - course report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I received the agenda this week for the first two days of our upcoming NAUI Intro to Tech course.

Our instructor will be Cees den Toom for Scuba-Academie - Bootduiken, Duikopleidingen en Vulstation in Vinkeveen.

Saturday 25 april:
  • logistics and administration;
  • course overview;
  • skills practical session;
  • material workshop practical session;
  • fitness test in pool (250 meter in less than 14 minutes and 15 meter submerged);
  • miscellaneous swimming/fin techniques.
Sunday 26 april:
  • nitrox, theory overview;
  • decompression, theory overview;
  • water session 1, trim and buoyancy exercises;
  • miscellaneous swimming/fin techniques;
  • Tour, general diving skills.
To be continued...

Waiting for the sequal.:popcorn:

Just out of curiosity . . . Since you have taken Fundies, what are you looking to get out of this class that you don't already have?

Just out of curiosity . . . Since you have taken Fundies, what are you looking to get out of this class that you don't already have?
Though there are some extras that weren't included in my 2005 Fundamentals class such as stage handling, the main reason is to accompany El Zee. :)

I'll probably also retake Rescue Diver with her next year. I did mine in spring 2004 but haven't kept up-to-date.

Ah . . .okay. I'll be very interested to read your take on the two classes.

@ El Orans: Are you learning tech? You never dive deep, only at 10 meters! :)

@ El Orans: Are you learning tech? You never dive deep, only at 10 meters! :)
I believe that a lot of the so called tech skills are actually very useful skills for all divers.

(I also believe that they should be taught in regular dive education but that's another topic.)

I believe that a lot of the so called tech skills are actually very useful skills for all divers.

(I also believe that they should be taught in regular dive education but that's another topic.)

I agree completely!! Gas management and dive planning are just two examples. Cave training taught me so much about both. I am not sure that they were stressed enough in my OW class way back when, but I inject it into the classes I teach. There are many more examples of concepts that are common taught in technical classes that I think should be introduced into OW classes. Hopefully this will change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom