Macro Lens : Canon 60mm Vs Tamron 60mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

e12ry

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everybody....
I would like some opinion.... for both lens....
I hear Tamron 60mm is strong contender to the legendary canon 60mm....
The sharpness and so on....

Thx before....
Regards....:wink:

Haven't tried the Canon, but I'm VERY happy with my Tamron 60 mm Macro... These were all shot with that lens (except for the wide angle ones).

Good focusing, solid build, no complaints...

Hi there.... thx for the reply...
i need someone that have both.... hehehehe....
i heard that the tamron af is slower than the canon.....
and a lot nosier....
But in positive side... the tamron are sharper than canon...
any other opinion...

Yup, I have tried both, I found the Canon far more to my Liking, I differ from others, I find the Canon much sharper, faster and just all around far superior Quality, But please keep in Mind, I am very much a Canon guy, I have only bought one lens that is not Canon!!

Thx guys for the reply....
How about the noise and af performance....
and how does the af perform in low light condition.... is it depend on what camera u are using.... or the lens help...?? newbie here....

@doctormike : How does the fish react?? to the noise??
1043096095_4P8U2-M.jpg

@doctormike : How does the fish react?? to the noise??
1043096095_4P8U2-M.jpg

Well, digital SLR's by definition have that mirror sound, nothing that you can do about that, but that happens at the time of the shot, so not always a problem (unless you are doing multiple shots in the same place, right?). The autofocus probably makes some noise too.

I have never noticed an animal reacting to any camera noise, though - don't know if this is because the housing baffles the sound, or they just don't perceive it as a threat.... I think that spooking a subject is much more dependent on diver motion, so good buoyancy skills are more relevant than any difference in autofocus motor sounds, IMHO...

and how does the af perform in low light condition.... is it depend on what camera u are using.... or the lens help...?? newbie here....

AF in general is very light and contrast dependent, that is why a good focusing light is key if you are not shooting in a region of adequate ambient light. I don't know about the AF efficiency of the Canon vs. the Tamron, but I guess there are some good reviews of that sort of thing here: FM Reviews - Main Index

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom