The complete Olympus / Nauticam m43 housing port charts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enoshima

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well it is time to post a project that I have been working on for the last months.
I have been hunting down port charts/compability for Olympus and nauticam housings for Micro four thirds and comparing them.
Everything is done by me (Enoshima) and by hand, meaning that there is a possibility that I have made a mistake.
The charts are split in the three different port types (Olympus PEN port, Olympus OMD port and Nauticam port).
The gear possiblities are in a seperate tab.
A lot of the chart is based on the official charts (olympus, Nauticam, Athena)
All unofficial parts of the list are marked in color and have a note giving the basis of the (unofficial) compatibility. Some are more likely then others (same port only for PEN in stead of OMD, others more vague
What is surprising, is that the olympus OMD port, which many think has very limited options, has the most port availability. More than Nauticam.
This is ofcourse counting many unofficial compatibility options.
I would really appreciate it if you can help me to verify the unofficial parts of the chart. If you have a certain port and lens combination that is marked as unofficial, but unconfirmed, please post here and I will update the list.

I have uploaded the files to my google drive for easy updating of the list
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B_lX0d0AxMXVVWNJY0lCZmVPZHc/edit

There is a "last updated" date in all the list (see the notes) so that you can check if there has been an update to the list. Scubaboard won't let me edit posts after 24 hours, if I have understood correctly.
I will post an update list when there is an update.
These are the currently uploaded versions:
Olympus OMD: 11-2-2015
Olympus PEN: 11-2-2015
Nauticam: 17-2-2015

There are also a lot of lenses that currently have no zoom/focus gear, or are simly very expensive.
If you want a gear that is currently not there, go over to Deepshots.
He helped me a bit with the gear part of the port charts and will also make gears on request.

If you have any comments on the lists, please post them.
When I have time I will definitly look at them and I will try to keep them updated.
Feel free to post the link to the lists anywhere.
You can also use parts of the list elsewhere, as long as you don't claim it as your own.

---------- Post added February 18th, 2015 at 04:57 AM ----------

Well, I have been busy and added a lot more to the google Drive:
I renamed the Nauticam from EMx PTx to N85 mFT, since it also works for Panasonic housings and cameras.
I have added the following charts:
-mFT housing chart (for all brands I could find!)
-Aquatica chart
-Ikelite chart
-10Bar chart
-Recsea chart

And the Subal chart will soon follow.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm sure they were a lot of work and contain considerable info, but I find them rather difficult to use. For example, all but one have the same title that shows on the Google site...the critical info is truncated....you could but the mfg first in the title, that would help. Secondly, I can find the lens I'm currently using (Olympus M. Zuiko ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ) but not the one I'm curious about (60mm macro); it may be there, somewhere, but I can't find it.

thnx for taking the time to post

This chart is extremely helpful! Thank you very much.

Do you have any informations about the Rokinon 7.5mm lens and a fitting dome?

I think the Nauticam #36132 4.33' Dome Port should fit, but I am not sure and have no options to test this.

What this does show is just how complex it is to put a system together or even decide what way to go. I am sure the information is useful but I had formatting problems as Torsioups mentioned. Maybe google drive is not the best place to post this important document?

I've just updated the Olympus charts and Nauticam chart.
-Zen anounced support for the olympus 7-14 (nauticam only) and 8mm fisheye (both nauticam and olympus)
-Nauticam has updated the chart (and adds the 7-14 among others)
-User confirmed new port combination, olympus OMD with PT-E02 and 60mm macro

I've also added new tabs to all updated files with the changelog, so that you don't have to hunt down all the changes.

I understand that Google drive is perhaps not the most ideal, but if you download the charts, they should format correctly.
If you have suggestions for alternatives please let me know and I will add them.

I've just updated the Olympus charts and Nauticam chart. -Zen anounced support for the olympus 7-14 (nauticam only) and 8mm fisheye (both nauticam and olympus) -Nauticam has updated the chart (and adds the 7-14 among others) -User confirmed new port combination, olympus OMD with PT-E02 and 60mm macro I've also added new tabs to all updated files with the changelog, so that you don't have to hunt down all the changes. I understand that Google drive is perhaps not the most ideal, but if you download the charts, they should format correctly. If you have suggestions for alternatives please let me know and I will add them.
Enoshima - Just revisited the google drive and formatting issue has gone. Thank you very much for this work, it will help anyone getting an Olympus system and putting the bits together. I wish this had been around when I bought my system about a year ago. Ardy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom