Who wants to Discuss Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kristi_TN

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, Here we go. I have been diving for about 6 years. I have had many wonderful dive experiences! I must say Bonaire must be the most amazing and diver friendly island I personally have visited. I realize there will be people ready to let me know about other places they feel are as good if not better than Bonaire. That is fine if you feel this way. I would like to do a little Bonaire worship here though, LOL.
My trip was March 1-8, 2008 with Parrot island divers (dot com that to check them out!) and we had 48 people on this trip. This dive club is one (if not THE) largest in the Middle Tennessee area. The week was full of endless dive sites and amazing beach time. Tell me about your trips to Bon...I plan to return with Parrot Island Divers in October. Share the love....

It is a great place indeed, but you'll get more communal hugging if it were to magcally appear in the Bonaire Forum.

Alright now, close your eyes and think good thoughts...

645AM..sitting at the beach bar on Eden beach. Perfect stillness. Cup of Yerba....waves. The sun slowly illuminates the sky. Just me and the beach. Awsome. This was my favorite time of day. Our group was so large that while I was eating my oatmeal, I just wandered up the sidewalk, you know the one, and I found 2 or 3 dive options with no problem. Grab a couple of tanks and off for a morning dive. I have been on dives before with larger aquatic life to look at but never the variety......It was awe inspiring to take in the ceaseless barrage of sea life!

wow, magic....thanks for your help with appropiate placement of my LOVE Fest!! LOL

Hi Kristi_TN.
There is a condition known as PBB (Post Bonaire Blues) I am suffering from this, we where there a week after you. In fact if you flew continental through houston we got off the plane you got on.
We dove with Wanna Dive this trip and Buddy Dive last trip (Sept 07). Bonaire is just abolutely awesome. I like the different experiences of not going with the same operators or resorts everytime.

Dive sites we did this trip.
Eden Beach
Andrea II
Oil Slick
1000 steps
Kapatra
Hilma Hooker
Bari Reef (2 night dives)
Something Special
The Lake
Carib Inn Reef (I think it has another name)
Windsock
Witches hut 7

Must be a few more but, I don't have my log book.

Great Restaurants
Cactus Blue - Steak, Burgers Pizza
Papya moon - Tex Mex
Rib Factory - Ribs burgers
City Cafe - Breakfast on arrival, Burgers other good food
Donna and Giorgio's - Good Italian
KFC - 2 beers for $3
Papagayo - Sandwiches salads lunch stuff
Pasa Bon Pizza - Pizza and Salad

Edit Since this looks like a trip report I'm going to Post it in the Bonaire Fourm also.

Hi Don, doing great I suppose, what a life..pop onto his web site and say hi....how long since you've spoken with him?

Hey 1-T-S!! Yeah, great layout, how fun!! There are a couple on your list that I didn't get to...will have to focus in October...that's hard to do on Bon, LOL

My wife and I went to Bonaire for our honeymoon in November 2005. We had a super relaxing time and loved the island. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we went back in May 2006 with my father-in-law, parents, and step brother.

The second trip was not quite as relaxing, but we were able to do 27 dives in six days and had a wonderful time.

I have also been to Roatan, the Keys, Grand Cayman, and Cayman Brac. On every trip I find myself comparing the destination to Bonaire and in my opinion they all come up short. The shore diving can be hard for some people to negotiate and it takes a bit more effort that boat diving, but I loved being able to dive when I wanted, where I wanted, and as often as I wanted.

I can't wait to get back. Reading these threads really gets me fired up for a trip!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom