Tusa Zen Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-900)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lj82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I saw on facebook that this dive computer has been released, but so far I have not seen a single review on this computer. Any user care to share their experience over here?

And for any TUSA rep that might be around, any idea where in Singapore can I find this computer? If I import one from the USA, how can I get it serviced??

HI-
The IQ-900 was released no more than 3 weeks ago. We have sent some to the industry publications for reviews and test dives, however, this information would not be published for at least 2-3 months. Japan and the Asian markets should have this model available early next year. Service and warranty is conducted through TUSA's regional sales offices - US, Asia, Europe, Oceania. Service for this product would have to be done in the USA, however, battery changes can be easily conducted by the user and this would be the primary serviceable item within the next few years.

Hi there,

Yes it is very difficult to find a great deal of info on this product, even through Tusa/Tabatas own web site/s and even after sending them e mails.

1) what is the face made from?
2) are the units of measurement switchable?

Thanks in advance. Cheers

HI-
You can download the user manual and quick reference card HERE for specific product specs. To answer your question - the "face" is made from polycarbonate and each computer comes with a gauge guard to protect from scratches. The units of measurement are easily switchable on the computer or through the available Datalog PC software.

I have been looking into this computer for the past couple of months and just wanted to let people know that the photos of this shown on several online retailers e.g scubatoys, leisurepro differs from the tusa website. In my opinions the differences are quite marked, the colorations around the face and strap are different and on the face of the watch there is an orange circular stripe shown on the Tusa site not shown on the online retailers photos. ---ADMIN REMOVED-----

Last edited by a moderator:
HI-
The images shown on the TUSA site are of actual production and the IQ-900. Any other images were digital illustrations prior to manufacturing. As with any manufacturer and product, colors and specifications are subject to change. All IQ-900's available from any retailer/distributor worldwide are the same spec and as shown HERE. The Zen is quite stunning in person, we recommend checking it out at your LDS.

I just bought a TUSA IQ-900 Zen yesterday and have yet to dive with it but I do already have some comments on it. The functionality I read about from the manual (without actually diving with it yet) looks very good, which is why I bought it. However, the following two items aren’t so good. They aren’t show-stoppers, but they are kind of sloppy.

(1) I don't like not having the date while in the regular watch mode. The 900 only has the day in the upper third of the face and the time in middle third, with the lower third empty. It does not display the date on the basic watch screen. You can get at the date with a 2-second push of a button, but that’s too much. Why not put at least the day of the month (i.e., 1-31) in the lower third of the visible face in watch mode where the digits are available anyway?

(2) I also really don't like the 900's band. The band is not replaceable with other types of bands – which, I think, is a big negative. I took the band off and see it is not amenable to other bands. I prefer to use my own watch band. I like the safety-type bands that retain the watch even if one of the pins breaks. I also want a watch band that allows me to wear it bear-wristed before I dress for the dive and then simply allows me to put it on my suit+glove-wrist. The current 900 watch band fits my bare wrist but is too short for over the suit+glove. Tusa provides a band extender, which works, but is quite clumsy. Not only does the extender not provide an elegant solution, it also violates a basic diving tenet that if it ain’t attached, you’re going to lose it. I think tusa ought to provide either a much-better band design (hopefully applicable to my watch – I’d be glad to pay for a better band if they ever decide to provide one) or a pin design that allows for other bands.

Tom

I recently purchased the Tusa IQ-900 Zen and I agree with elsegundotom on his assessment. I don't like not having the date there when you glance down at your watch. I'm okay with the watch band, but I have run into a bigger problem.

I've had this watch for only 7 days now, when I received it, I followed the instructions and "Woke" the watch up as required and all functions seemed to work as defined in the manual. I have no dives on this watch yet. Last night the display screen went blank. I tried pressing all the buttons and nothing would turn it back on. I then removed and reinstalled the battery in accordance with the battery replacement instructions and the watch is now working again. However, I don't like the fact that a brand new watch would malfunction like this.

Kevin

If you continue to experience problems, return it for warranty evaluation to your LDS or to TUSA. It's an electronic device and as such can experience issues even after assembly and testing.

I recently purchased the Tusa IQ-900 Zen, I have used it for 4 dives now and it works perfectly in terms of the auto switch to dive computer mode when underwater and displaying all the relevant values while diving such as current depth, max depth alarms, safety stop etc. But I have not once been able to access neither the fly nor the dsat screens after dive. I’ve even tried to do it with the instructions manual in hand and still no success. My husband bought the exact same product at the same time and he can’t access those screens either, it seems unlikely that both computers are malfunctioning so it is probably us not doing it correctly. I must say English is not our first language so it may have to do with that. Are the instructions available in Spanish? Or, Can someone please help me out with a “for dummies” way to enter those screens?....THANKS!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom