WARNING Seacam Subsea System Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crusty

Reaction score
Just a warning to you underwater videographers...Seacam Subsea Systems is making a housing for the Sony HVR-Z1U/FX1 that doesn't work and it leaks. I paid (in March) $3600US for a housing that the controls didn't work and the unit leaked. I sent it back for repairs, but it came back and still leaked. The controls are awkward to use and only work sometimes. Business practices at Seacam are that too bad if it doesn't work--too bad it took a long time to ship (4 months when promised 1)--too bad that we've held your unit for the past 4 months and don't know when we'll send it back to you--and NO you CAN'T have your money back. It doesn't seem to matter that you've lost jobs and money (to the tune of $10,000) because you don't have a unit you can depend on--too bad we don't keep our promises at any point in the process--too bad the unit leaked and damaged your camera. I've been threatened with the police if I try to hash things out face to face. I've used a number of different housings during my career and NEVER had one leak EVER. Remember, you heard it here...

Hello Crusty,

you may want to consider posting this in the Videography forum.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :)

Welcome to the board. Just to let you know, the Mods may move this thread to the Videography forum..... Here is a link to that forum.

Click here ---->[red]Videography[/red].....

Please do not get upset if they move your post. They are only trying to place it in the appropriate location so it gets the best responses...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom