Diving, accomodations, Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Diver68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am interested in doing a weekend looking for shark teeth. Who should I dive with, where do I stay? Anything pet friendly down there?

Thank you!

We always stay at motel 6 on us41 just north of Venice ave. we don't have any pets but I've always seen cats and dogs there. I can't help you on who to dive with , we bring our own boat but some one here will chime in with some very good info on dive operators. Hope this helps a little.

Wesley

The only pet friendly accommodations I know of is the Motel 6 on Jacaranda. Very inexpensive(cheap), great location and reasonably clean, but the other guests can be a problem (loud parties, annoyances). Read Tripadvisor for the reviews.

There are several dive boats and I don't think I've heard anything bad about any of them. They all get you to the site. Megaladon Charters is the biggest, holding 12 divers. The Aristakat takes six divers and is the fastest. There are a few others but I haven't gone out with them.

I personally enjoy diving from shore as much as diving from the boats and you can usually find a diver to meet up with you by posting here. The bigger teeth tend to be found farther out, but I've found great teeth and fossils on shore dives.

You can pull-up previous posts...The Island Breeze hotel is centrally located...w/i a few blocks of down town Venice and w/i a few minutes of Megalodon charters or the Aristakat.....There's the Hampton Inn on #41 about a mile or so from Megalodon/Aristakat....PM me if you need more info.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom