Odd Sherwood Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keller34

Contributor
Reaction score
I just recently aquired a set of double 120's with Iso manifold. Right now I was changing them to singles and cap the valves until I have the need for doubles. However, when I took it apart I was surprised to find that the valves have external threads.

Question is can I get caps for them? I have not seen anything like this before. They are on 2 3500 120's if that makes a difference.

They're OMS valves with captured O-rings, and unfortunately they are quite hard to find the caps for. Northeast Scuba Supply MIGHT have a couple of them, the valves are actually really nice and I love them for sidemount, but frankly it might be better to just go straight to doubles instead of breaking them down. I do have the original offset valves for them and could send them down to you pretty cheap. They're really nice valves for single tank diving and would be easier than trying to find the OMS caps. Unfortunately they don't make that manifold anymore and there is a lot of questions about OMS now that they've been acquired by DUI, so we'll see what happens. If you are interested in those valves, shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

valve.jpg

Tbone, thanks for that info. I was afraid of that. I will PM you about the valves. I could have swore i saw sherwood on them. Let me take a pic and post it...should have done that before...lol

they may have sherwood on them, my tanks say sherwood, so if they came doubled when they were bought they may have stuck sherwood logos on them, but the only captured O-ring manifold I know of for those tanks is the OMS one.

Does your manifold look like the one pictured here? If so, this is the "Sherwood Genesis Double-Din Isolator Manifold" introduced ca. 1990 soon after the Sherwood Genesis HP tanks (3,500 psig, manufactured by PST) first appeared on the market. This manifold predates the OMS captured O-ring manifold by several years. (I own both.) So far as I know, no end caps ever existed for the individual Sherwood tank valves when the isolator section was removed.

SherwoodDblDIN_6.jpgSherwoodDblDIN_5.jpgSherwoodDblDIN_4.jpg

SherwoodDblDIN_3.jpgSherwoodDblDIN_2.jpgSherwoodDblDIN_1.jpg

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

BINGO rx7diver! That is them. and yes the 3500's are the PST's

If it is the Sherwood manifold you will not be able to separate them. Not only that, you will not be able to replace the seats. They stopped making them and no third party replacements are available either.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

I don't know why your favorite machinist couldn't make a cap out of some brass hex bar stock, if you are in love with the valves. If not, it's probably way cheaper to just buy new ones, but they will both be rights.

I actually forgot about that manifold, but shouldn't have as it's the one on my LP72's.... Didn't know about the lack of seats for them, major bummer there, will have to baby them at VIP time.....

Back
Top Bottom