Current conditions at Falling Rock 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brssmnky:
That little graph is pretty cool. Your dive computer do that?
Anyway, Went to Joes 6/10/05. Surface temp: 80, at the cabin cruiser (35ft): low 60s. Viz was ok: 5-10'... ish. Happy diving kids!

Hey Keith,
I'll only share if you can get me on as an intern on Team Zissou,
does that mean you are packing now or sharing? Can you make it
out to Joe's on the 19th?

Land Locked:
Hey Keith,
I'll only share if you can get me on as an intern on Team Zissou,
does that mean you are packing now or sharing? Can you make it
out to Joe's on the 19th?

Chris,
LOL. The interns all share a Glock, however I will be sporting my red cap (breathe easy, no speedo) this summer. I can send you the avitar if you want. I have one for the regular team Zissou as well. I can't do the 19th, I'm going on Blackbeards the next weekend, and went out for 4 dives this past weekend. So, my official reason is that I'm relaxing for a weekend. Also, until the girlfriend gets certified, my regulator must share me with her. I hope that par for the summer will be every other weekend.

:snorkels:

1st thermocline has dropped to around 18' - 70's above and 60's below.
Temp at 38' was 54. Vis is still down to an average of 12'.

And by the way, I do NOT share my Glock!

Avg. vis 12'
Surface temp 84 degrees
Above 20 feet, mid to high 70's
Below 30 feet, low to mid 60's
37' 59 degrees!

Appears the moving crew was at Falling Rock this weekend.
The 3 wheeler has been moved from the north end of the quarry
and placed on top of the police cruiser! Looks like the light bar
is history now, come on guys, give me a break, you could have
put it next to the cruiser! But on top, come on.......

Anyone been to Joe's lately? I would like to go this weekend but not if the vis is wayyyy down.

Viz is probably down due to algea blooming. Noticed in another thread that Blue Springs was down as well, and usually is this time of year.

Chris, I really miss Falling Rock. I might con the GF into letting me dive when we come to Louisville for our annual hot air balloon festival. All depends upon the flight schedule.

Sorry, I've been out of sorts lately, got some bad news on the homefront.
Scott, vis 1 week ago was around 12' which has been typical lately.
Wally, anytime! Just shoot me a PM and we will see if we can get together
for some diving out at Joe's.

Any one going to be at Joe's this weekend (7/30 or 7/31) needing a dive buddy (except me of course)? I am heading south in Sept. and need to check out a rebuild reg and get in some bubble time.

If so, send me a pm. I am pretty open about what time although early to mid-day would be better.

Thanks

I wish I knew who was doing that. Most of the little things I use to show my OW students on the first few dives to get the comfortable are now gone. I was out there the past 3 days working with a PSD team I should have had them move it back. Anyone know where the tube on the north wall and golf cart went?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom