I finally got one... 12/14 pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent picture. I never saw one when I dived the place of refuge. I did get a very nice Green Turtle picture though. It's in my Gallary.

I have to agree with everyone - That is a great photo!! Thanks for sharing.

Thats a very good photo. I hope that one day I can take an Underwater Photography course, but not until I become a more experienced diver

Anyways, hope all is well.

Sparrowhawk

Good Job :thumb:

Great focus...I like the texture under his little 'foot'/fin.

Yup, you got'em alright :D Great shot.

wdlk:
First time I have ever seen a white frog fish.

It is a juvenile frogfish (about 5 +/- months) that is in the processes of changing its color from its baby color of bright yellow ..judging by the tail...to green.

justleesa:
Yup, you got'em alright :D Great shot.

It is a juvenile frogfish (about 5 +/- months) that is in the processes of changing its color from its baby color of bright yellow ..judging by the tail...to green.

Probably a bit older unless they grow real fast. This one was about 7 inches long. Small adult/teenage sized. I have no idea of how fast they can grow in the wild. I've seen a couple that look like this in the last few months. They're separated by about 20 miles so I doubt they are the same ones.

I've seen more frogfish this year than in the last 3 combined. I'm hoping it's a trend.

later,

DennisW:
Excellent picture. I never saw one when I dived the place of refuge. I did get a very nice Green Turtle picture though. It's in my Gallary.

I've only seen two in years of diving the Refuge. I was with another person (we dove as a trio) who asked - "What kind of fish looks like a 5" frog and is yellow and just sits there?" after a dive a few years back. Ugggh.

debersole:
Very nice image and great find! Without a dive guide, it seems I'm useless when trying to find frogfish!

tell me about it. I found a beautiful one a year or so ago and was making who-da-man gestures to the dive guide (we'd been having a critter spotting contest) until he pointed out its mate sat next to it that I'd missed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom