I finally got one... 12/14 pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

friscuba:
Probably a bit older unless they grow real fast. This one was about 7 inches long. Small adult/teenage sized. I have no idea of how fast they can grow in the wild. I've seen a couple that look like this in the last few months. They're separated by about 20 miles so I doubt they are the same ones.

Hard to tell the size in the picture :D..but I was close :wink:
I had the luck of following one over a period of several months (feb to about sept), from pencil eraser size to about the size you saw. It is like you see it grow, from day to day!

I've seen more frogfish this year than in the last 3 combined. I'm hoping it's a trend.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

justleesa:
Hard to tell the size in the picture :D..but I was close :wink:
I had the luck of following one over a period of several months (feb to about sept), from pencil eraser size to about the size you saw. It is like you see it grow, from day to day!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Wow! I had no idea they can grow that fast.

I've yet to find one of the real little guys. I keep looking at every little piece of sponge I see just in case.

later,

here are the first and last pictures that I took of my "Baby"

mybaby_HM103.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom