Non-diving vacation in the Carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Curacao the Marriott is a very nice resort with a nice beach and pool and not too far from downtown. It's Dutch Carribean themed architecture and not your typical Marriott. I'm not so crazy about the Hilton nearby, it's a typical high rise box without much personality.

Hotel Kura Hulanda is downtown, formed from a bunch of historic buildings that have been renovated. There's shops, restaurants, museums, pools, and gardens tucked throughout. Very unique and hard to describe. Unfortunately it's not on the beach (though they have a shuttle to their own private beach) so they might not like that, but the place is still worth a visit. The same people have recently opened Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club which is away from town at the west end of the island, I haven't been there but sounds very nice and should be if the downtown place is any indication. If they want to really get away from things that might be a good option, but depending what they want for stuff to do that might not be the place for them. It might be interesting to split a trip between the 2 places, they have packages like that. If I didn't dive that's exactly what I would do.

Hey,

Grenada is a lovely topside island spot... lush rainforests, waterfall hiking trails, sandy beaches! Carriacou is an added bonus and there's always snorkelling if diving isn't an option. Post-Ivan recovery has gone well and the only thing we're waiting for is the tourists to come back in pre-Ivan levels... so come visit :D

Back
Top Bottom