Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Army helicopter pilot, Sunny Southeast Asian War Games - 1969-1971.
Fly ultralights now.

the K

Is your sn about the Kraken in Sea World??:06:

DennisW:
There aren't many self respecting pilots that would jump out of a perfectly good airplane. If it has the wings attached, I'm riding it down. Well, I guess I need to qualify that statement. If it's daylight, I'm not over mountains, and the wings are still attached, I'm riding it down.

I will say, though, if you look at some of those jump planes, I'm not quite sure they are perfectly good airplanes. :D

You should see the inside of a C130 :)

1300 hours in F-4C/D/E Phantoms (WSO). Kiddy car rides in F-15, Mirage III, A-4,
OA-37, OV-10, EA6B, F-104G, T-6 Texan and USMC F-4S. Haven't flown a mil aircraft since 85. The Phantom is now an aerial target at Tyndall AFB FL. Now I amble down the coast of NW Florida in a Cessna 172 doing aerial photography.

Just joined this board and am pumped about diving. Just returned from Grand Cayman and looking forward to being part of this community here.

Nemrod's quote of the adage about old and bold divers applies to fighter jocks as well. :D

Fish_Whisperer:
Both. Hovering is insanely difficult, but I wasn't too bad at it. I only "dolphined" a little. :)

Should have seen my first solo...picking up, my instructor thought I was trying to give him a haircut! It was not pretty and for a split second I really did think I was gonna die. LOL :wink: Of course, all went well once stabilized...

Private Pilot, Airplane Single-Engine Land. I have access to a pair of Cirrus Sr-20's one of them has the glass cockpit. I am planning to fly from FCM to PNS and dive the Oriskany this summer

I am planning to fly from FCM to PNS and dive the Oriskany this summer

As you may already know the Big O is scheduled to be scuttled ~25 mi SE of PNS on May 17. I had contemplated getting some aerial shots of its being put down but recently learned that is going to be up to a 6 hour process and I won't be flying with tip tanks. Besides, the A&E channel and national media will be crowding the airways.

Nevertheless, having the Oriskany in our waters is going to be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom