Snapped a Volo Power in Half

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First of all, I love my Volo Powers...easy on the ankles, very quick response, just great fins. Unfortunately, I was using them to teach an OW class last night, and all of a sudden it felt like I lost a fin. The plastic actually snapped about two inches in front of the foot pocket, rendering the fin useless. These fins have maybe 60 dives on them, and I take very good care of my gear. I talk students into spending the extra cash to buy them when they start diving.
Like I said, I loved my Volos, but at $160 a pair, it's a little hard to justify buying them again.

Bummer ...

But hey, I've got a brand new pair of Volo Races I'll sell you at a reasonable price if you're interested in a full foot replacement option.

'Slogger

xSandman3,

I have not seen your Volo's, but under the assumption that you say only 60 dives and are not abused, this obviously should not happen. I have not heard of a Volo breaking they way you describe.

These should be replaced under warranty (assuming the above). You should arrange to have them sent back from the place of purchase. If you need assistance please drop me a note.

Regards,

Phil

Me 2,

Funny, it happened to me on this week end, also. Didn’t realize that I had an “issue”, was fining and was earning a snapping sound. But didn’t make it more than that, at the end of the dive, a buddy of mine came by and said; hey, your fin is broken, I said “What!? You’re joking”; nope it was, and like you I had only 40 dives on it.

Finished the week-end with some Tusa Liberator. What a pain. The Mares Volo Power are really great fins.

Maybe there’s a timer on those 

Will talk to Phil Mintz

Phil

Well, now I have heard it twice. Send them back through your dealer. If there is any issue in doing so, let me know. If they did break as stated then they are under warranty and will be replaced with a new pair.

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the replies and help. Got my brand new replacement volo powers yesterday, and can't wait to get them wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom