Don't need no stinkin OVEN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

This turkey is headed for the fryer. Dinner will be ready in about an hour.:popcorn:

Canned turkey on rye is quicker.

jimclarke:
Canned turkey on rye is quicker.

I guess it depends on just how thankful you are.:D

OK perhaps I would toast it.

We deep fry the turkey also, but need the oven for the green bean casserole and stuffing. mmmmmmm

Check out Alton Brown's Recent Good Eats Episode - Fry Turkey! Fry! It's pretty good. In Singapore where I'm at, Turkey's not too popular, but I love it! Haven't tried frying it though, we live in Apartment Blocks so finding the space to do it safely is a challenge.

I agree oil recovery is a pain. I bought an expensive cooker that the pot has a spichot and that makes recover much easier.

But then I bought from Lowe's a $12 thingie you shove up the turkey or chickens butt and there is a beer can in there and you set it on the grill and it is just as good if not better.

goodeatsfan:
Check out Alton Brown's Recent Good Eats Episode - Fry Turkey! Fry! It's pretty good.

You can see the show on Youtube, really fun!

Sorry i can not go there and find the link here form work...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom