Any experience with Dive Rite computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drdirt

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a multigas (obviously nitrox capable) computer. I'm amazed at the features available in the Dive Rite models for the price. I would like the ability to explore exotic gas deco diving someday - although currently I dive anything but air, nitrox and air/nitrox deco.

BUT - I'm sick of dive partners' crappy computers. None have Dive Rite computers - in fact, I've never dived with anyone that had one. I'll keep the crappy brand confidential, but have seen two units of one brand, and several units and two models of another brand seem reliable only if you keep them dry.

I need a computer that can get wet.

Any experience with Dive Rite computers?

I have a Nitek Duo and love it. I havent gotten too many dives on it, but so far its held up great. Its really easy to work and read. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

I use a Nitek C (discontinued) and a Nitek, Love them both, very easy to read and use, large enough numbers for me to read, Some may say a tad over-conservative but I don't mind that.
Hoping to spring for a Nitek HE soon,:eyebrow:

Thanks for the comments.
Does anyone know if their model is Haldanean or if it uses a reverse-gradient bubble model?
Divemeister Jim indicates it is on the conservative side - maybe it is RGBM???

I have a Duo which I use in guage mode for my deco dives and in computer mode during my NDL dives. I have about 75 dives on it with no issues. Easy to read & operate.

My only issues with it is the following: Timer starts immediately when you hit the water so if I am bouncing on the surface for a few minutes before starting a dive (eg: settting up, waiting for partner, etc...). I have to compensate when doing deco dives as I only dive pre-cut tables. My Uwatec BT clock starts after 5-8' and gives me a amore accurate dive time.

i have a Nitek He, 7 mixes including Helium (i.e. nitrox and trimix capable)

i like it very much

do be aware that an early batch of Dive Rite Duos had some bad chips which caused malfunctions. i believe these have mostly been taken out of the market.

I have the Nitek Plus and love it. Very well made and easy to use. The algorithm is a bit more conservative than my Aeris Atmos AI.

I have a Nitek duo with over a hundred dives on it. Love the computer, easy to read. I did have aproblem with it a long time ago and they replaced it with a new computer. Nothing is ever perfect but I loved the way DIve Rite stood behind it

drdirt:
Thanks for the comments.
Does anyone know if their model is Haldanean or if it uses a reverse-gradient bubble model?
Divemeister Jim indicates it is on the conservative side - maybe it is RGBM???

I'm thinking it's a Buhlmann 16 compartment model, I asked a Diverite rep once and he thought it was too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom