Which dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi again,

I was offered by my dive buddies due to their upgrading for a better dive computer....I got the two to decide:-

One is a suunto mosquito dive computer watch comes with a magnifying protective acrylic cover. The other is a Uwatec aladdin pro Ultra original protection cover. Prices is only 50 difference.

Any advice?

scubadudee once bubbled...
Hi again,

I was offered by my dive buddies due to their upgrading for a better dive computer....I got the two to decide:-

One is a suunto mosquito dive computer watch comes with a magnifying protective acrylic cover. The other is a Uwatec aladdin pro Ultra original protection cover. Prices is only 50 difference.

Any advice?

They're both good computers. Some people find the mosquito difficult to read under water.

R..

I like the Suunto Mosquito, but then I have eyes like a hawk and have no problem reading it under water, so it's a win for me. It's small, devinately not clunky or cumbersom. I don't think you can lose with it. Try them both though.

-Dennis

I don't have any experience with the Suunto but I'd go with the Uwatec. I like it because of the big display and all the features.

I own the Uwatec SmartPro and I'm very happy with it.

As a non deco diving amatuer I really don't see much point in dive computers. I use mine as dive timer and depth gauge. Ask the LDS do they come with a disclaimer "Must not be used for professional diving" :D

That Suunto computer is ok, nice features, but not built for rugged use. You can change the battery yourself.

The Uwatec computer your friend is selling you, it's solid, many features are available only if you can connect it to a PC, and when the battery runs low, you have to send it to the distributor.

I have the previous version of the Aladin, the Nitrox pro, and love it. Been using it for 5 years now without a hitch. I also have a Smartcom and I like that too.

newwavedivers once bubbled...
That Suunto computer is ok, nice features, but not built for rugged use. You can change the battery yourself.

The Uwatec computer your friend is selling you, it's solid, many features are available only if you can connect it to a PC, and when the battery runs low, you have to send it to the distributor.

FWIW, Mosquitos can also be connected to your PC. I have a Mosquito, and really like it for the reasons listed above (small, comfy, user changed battery, etc.)

Peace,
Cathie

Back
Top Bottom