B.S. Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Ginnie permits Cave 1 divers to dive doubles

NACD Intro....no (unless accompanied with a discretionary apprentice)
NSS-CDS Basic cave...yes
NSS-CDS Intro....no (unless accompanied with a discretionary apprentice)

This has been debated endlessly both here and on other boards, the search engine is your friend :)

Safe diving,

Rich

and,state parks technically only allow a single tank for intro,but this isn't enforced.

I was just trying to findout if the rule was still in place, I can't find any thing in regard to it on thier site. I find this so asinined, almost as asinined as they allow open water divers, most fresh out of class, to enter a overhead.

We were waylaid at Troy by park personel for carrying the 21 watters (hard to hide with wreck cannister) and were subsequently told cavern or above could use lights no problem. What cave there is there is nasty however. Does anyone know how much passage is there?

At Ginnie, we dove doubles from cavern on. The Ginnie dive police seem to be looking for "open watery" accoutrement; snorkels and handled halogen divelights etc. I say just put on your dubs and strut into the water like you're WKPP. :crafty:

We were waylaid at Troy by park personel for carrying the 21 watters (hard to hide with wreck cannister) and were subsequently told cavern or above could use lights no problem. What cave there is there is nasty however. Does anyone know how much passage is there?

At Ginnie, we dove doubles from cavern on. The Ginnie dive police seem to be looking for "open watery" accoutrement; snorkels and handled halogen divelights etc. I say just put on your dubs and strut into the water like you're WKPP. :crafty:

With a little experience, it's very easy to spot those that are new or out-of-place, so don't count on being able to slide past Eric at Devil's. :)

Yeah well, now its not so much an issue. Got our Bona Fides, paid the $$, passed Go, all that. But I've never been one to abuse my air reserves beyond prudence, even in the begining. Having doubles was more about the redundancy and volume.

I was just trying to findout if the rule was still in place, I can't find any thing in regard to it on thier site. I find this so asinined, almost as asinined as they allow open water divers, most fresh out of class, to enter a overhead.

Well Ginnie Springs is just following the agency standards, so if you are intro and want to dive at Ginnie Springs either get the discretionary apprentice, or dive in a single tank, or try to get the agency standards changed.

For what its worth swimming up the mainline at Little River and Ginnie on an H-valved 130 while intro was some of the most fun I had cave diving. Getting a little bit farther each time on 1/3rds as my technique improved was really enjoyable. I wouldnt give up that experience for anything.

I just read that Ginnie Springs or any State Park want allow doulbles unless full cave, is this still the case.

I dove double with you at a state park on n intro card. Ginnie is different.

I am Intro to Cave through IANTD.....my cert. card says Intro Cave - Doubles.....none of us have ever had trouble at a state park or an Ginnie diving doubles with these cards.

Hey Perrone, your right I forgot about that, and its good to hear from you. I'm about 11 dives into my doubles and loving them. We're going to be back there toward the end of Oct. 3rd or 4th wkend give a haler if you can make it.

Jeepchick thats great news cause I will also be going through IANTD and will be sporting the doubles so it sounds like I've created a riff where one was not needed.

For what its worth swimming up the mainline at Little River and Ginnie on an H-valved 130 while intro was some of the most fun I had cave diving. Getting a little bit farther each time on 1/3rds as my technique improved was really enjoyable. I wouldnt give up that experience for anything.

Amen !!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom