B.S. Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would that experience be different diving 1/6ths in doubles? Your technique would improve as with a single tank, and you'd have a bit of extra gas if the chit hit the fan.

In my opinion an intro diver on doubles is adding more equipment than necessary to safely do an intro level dive and adding an unneeded temptation to exceed their training.

In my opinion an intro diver on doubles is adding more equipment than necessary to safely do an intro level dive and adding an unneeded temptation to exceed their training.

Well, everyone has an opinion on this one. I much prefer that additional equipment when I head into a cave. As for temptation to exceed training, it's never been a problem for me. But I guess some people have trouble with it. Quite frankly, if someone has so little discipline that diving doubles in the cave tempts them to exceed their training/ability, they have no business in there anyway.

UFFDA.
Glad I kept my little snoot out of this thread.

Silt Slug

Well, everyone has an opinion on this one. I much prefer that additional equipment when I head into a cave. As for temptation to exceed training, it's never been a problem for me. But I guess some people have trouble with it. Quite frankly, if someone has so little discipline that diving doubles in the cave tempts them to exceed their training/ability, they have no business in there anyway.

I agree with that.

What happened to "rock crawler"?

Er , I've degressed (sigh) ...
Did the Lips Bypass on Sunday.
DEFINATELY a Silt slug now. :11:
(once you see the path you take , you'll understand)
Did the Keyhole Bypass too for the 1st time.
No silt , just TEEIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTTTT !!!

Silt Slug
aka Beano

........well said.

Full Cave Class: $700
Being allowed to think for yourself: Priceless

Explain to me again why overhead environments are safer with a single tank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom