How to make contact with PSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDE Dennis

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What would be the best way to make contact with search and rescue divers? In the regular market you have DEMA and DIA and many trade shows including DEMA. What are the SAR or PSD counter parts. Is the one main organization or is it all broken up?
Thank you

Here, we are all volunteers, and are paged out by the Sherrifs office as needed. We have monthly meetings with SAR, you could find us there... Im not sure about other areas.

My FD is trying to put a team together. So far we only have one ERD and two OW. I'm hoping to take ERD I this next spring.

You might look up ERDI/SDI/TDI...they might can put you in touch with others PSDs.

You might try asking at www.psdivermonthly.com . I have gotten some good info for our dive team from them.... They could probably put you in touch with a dive team in your area. It's a forum much like this one.... only public safety oriented.

You might try asking at www.psdivermonthly.com . I have gotten some good info for our dive team from them.... They could probably put you in touch with a dive team in your area. It's a forum much like this one.... only public safety oriented.

Thanks psdiverdave I'll check them out but I'm trying to reach the S&R market possibly through one organization not a single dive team.

I guess the question is for what purpose?

If you're trying to sell something I'd recommend approaching all the big PSD training agencies to see what they think of your product. If they like it they may add it into their programs, use it etc. word gets around if its good.

There are a few things out there similar to DEMA like the NARSAR (search & rescue)confrence
NASAR || National Association For Search & Rescue
and the FDIC (firefighter)
FDIC, the world's largest firefighter training conference and exhibition
neither are specific to PSD or scuba but may be well attended by PSDs.
There used to be a law enforcement one but have not heard of that one running for a couple of years

I guess the question is for what purpose?

If you're trying to sell something I'd recommend approaching all the big PSD training agencies to see what they think of your product. If they like it they may add it into their programs, use it etc. word gets around if its good.

It is for marketing. We know rescue divers dive in some of the worst conditions and they need the best gear. We showed some police divers our prototypes and they were very interested in our reels and I'm trying to find an easier way to enter this market.

By the way thank you for the information Bridgediver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom