Second stage swivel connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the swivel standard on my Oceanic Delta IV / FX10 set up. Wanted to go longer hose on the rig because I use an Octo-Z octo/inflator so I'd be donating my primary if needed.

Larry said they could do the longer hose but I'd lose the swivel.

I've got the shorter hose! Helps me because it keeps the reg at exactly the angle I want it so I'm not wrestling with the mouthpiece or wiggling it around in my mouth to change position / reduce fatigue so I'm not sucking up salt water any more!

Right then, I'm going to take my Regs and BC into my local dive shop and try all combinations, will let you know..:)

Keep in mind that the original thread is over three years old. If I'm not mistaken there was a recall on some swivels so be careful if you do get one.

If you get a fixed 90 degree swivel, you still have two planes of axis which accomplishes the same thing as a ball swivel without a set-screw and dynamic o-ring.

Actually, I use a 120 degree (?) swivel from LiesurePro with a five foot hose around my neck and it feels great. I'd give you my ball swivel which blew out but that would be irresponsible.

Does anybody out there have a swivel conector conecting there second stage to the hose. I'm curious if that works for anybody. I'm ocasionally getting jaw fatigue on a long dive.

My Atomic M1 has one as part of the hose, and I like it quite a bit.

If the Atomic hose fits your reg, I'd recommend it over adding an "extra" swivel, since it seems to be made better than the add-ons I've seen.

Terry

Does anybody out there have a swivel conector conecting there second stage to the hose. I'm curious if that works for anybody. I'm ocasionally getting jaw fatigue on a long dive.

Replace your second stage hose with an Atomic Universl Comfort Swivel Hose. MSRP $79 but sometimes discounted. It's weight is virtually negligable in water, and it's comfort and benefits will be obvious on the first dive. Very simple to install, threads right on to the same fitting as your current hose and fits almost any brand on the market. The best upgrade that you can do to your reg. Add a custom fit mouthpiece and you should notice an immediate difference with these changes.

I've got the swivel standard on my Oceanic Delta IV / FX10 set up. Wanted to go longer hose on the rig because I use an Octo-Z octo/inflator so I'd be donating my primary if needed.

Larry said they could do the longer hose but I'd lose the swivel.

I've got the shorter hose! Helps me because it keeps the reg at exactly the angle I want it so I'm not wrestling with the mouthpiece or wiggling it around in my mouth to change position / reduce fatigue so I'm not sucking up salt water any more!

You can get both 5' and 7' hoses from Oceanic that include the swivel for this reg set but they will run you a few extra bucks... around $60 for the 5' hose. I went with the 5 footer and like it a lot!

Have anyone used this kind of swivel? It seems to be made better then a set screw swivel.

Attachments

• 5d_1.JPG
    5d_1.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 59
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom