Second stage swivel connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAddict

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have a swivel conector conecting there second stage to the hose. I'm curious if that works for anybody. I'm ocasionally getting jaw fatigue on a long dive.

Yes, I do.
You'll be getting numerous posts about adding another "possible" failure point in your rig. The fact is, I use a swivel on both my primay an AAS.
I've been diving this rig for 8 years and have never had any problems with it. The swivels have never leaked much less had a catastrophic failure.

So, maybe this post will give you some idea of the difference between "possible" and "probable" failure points.

I could never dive without it...........

ScubaAddict:
Does anybody out there have a swivel conector conecting there second stage to the hose. I'm curious if that works for anybody. I'm ocasionally getting jaw fatigue on a long dive.

If you get one, make sure you check the set screw every dive. I had one because of jaw-fatigue and not wanting to wrap the hose around my neck. The O-ring blew out because I didn't think to check the set screw. I quit using it and guess were the obvious natural place for the hose is.

Got one, use it, love it. Like evad said, check the screw periodically. I've never had an o-ring blow, but I have had it start leaking when I cracked the tank open. With the proper wrench, slight tightening, and you're good to go.

Firefyter:
Got one, use it, love it. Like evad said, check the screw periodically.

I said check it before every dive, not just periodically, like you would all your connections. And I did love it before I realized it was even flakier than me.

evad:
I said check it before every dive, not just periodically, like you would all your connections. And I did love it before I realized it was even flakier than me.

Yes, you did. My mistake, sorry for misquoting you. And you're right about it being flaky, but I still love it...LOL.

i have the atomic b2 aand it came with the swivel, i love it, 20 or so dives on it and no problems at all. i know alot of people who use the b2 and i have never heard of any complaints with the swivel.

I won two free swivels on The Deco Stop and finally got around to putting one on. WOW - it is pretty nice. My wife, who dives as simply as she can get away with, wants the other now, so you know the thing works.
Spring for it and you will love it. I got mine from Chris at:
http://www.tech-blue.com/

The Second Stage Ball Swivels are pretty popular for helping with that, but some people just find that switching to one of the SeaCure Boil and Bite Mouthpieces, will knock out the jaw fatigue for them as well.

I've used both, and probably prefer the Seacure as the swivel seems a little heavy on that side of the reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom