Second stage swivel connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody out there have a swivel conector conecting there second stage to the hose. I'm curious if that works for anybody. I'm ocasionally getting jaw fatigue on a long dive.

I use a swivel connector and have never had a problem with them. They are a great help to me (due to a drunk driver hitting my mother and both of us going through the winshield when I was a child, jaw and dental surgery). I have a hard time with single hose regulators (and that is why I dive a double hose) but the swivel does help me greatly if I route the hose under my arm (40 inch hose) and have the swivel at the second stage.

I would not use this type rig for deco or cave or other types of overhead diving but it is completely adequate for sport diving in open water. The swivel just becomes an item to maintain and check before a dive trip. You can use a swivel right angle or right angle connector instead of the split ball type for reduced potential of damage or malfunction. There has been a recall since this old thread was started, you can put a witness mark on some swivels to indicate if there has been loosening of the through bolt.

N

I won two free swivels on The Deco Stop and finally got around to putting one on. WOW - it is pretty nice. My wife, who dives as simply as she can get away with, wants the other now, so you know the thing works.
Spring for it and you will love it. I got mine from Chris at:
index.htm

When I clicked on the link you furnished this is what I got:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

OK, I last posted in this thread in September of '04.

It's now March of '08 and I've just had to replace the o-ring in my swivel.

The connection had started to emit some tiny bubbles every now and then.

Pretty good service, I'd say . . .

the K

Anyone know if the atomic comfort swivel comes seperate or do I have to buy the hose also. I have a yellow hose for my primary routed under my arm and I want to stay yellow.

Anyone know if the atomic comfort swivel comes seperate or do I have to buy the hose also. I have a yellow hose for my primary routed under my arm and I want to stay yellow.

The swivel is part of the hose. They'll make custom lengths, but I have no idea if they do colors.

Terry

wonder if I do away with the swivel then and just go with a 90 degree adaptor,which would bring my hose straight down and under my armpit.Basically doing the same thing but doing away with a failure point on a swivel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom