Internet in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walnik

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We're going to Roatan next week for the first time. We have a guidebook that talks of crazy rates (like 10$ per hour) for internet in West End. Please tell me that's a typo!

:confused:

I've only stayed at Anthonys Key and they charged 10 bucks for two hours.

I'Ve only stayed at CocoView, and all internet access (wireless or in their personal cafe) was free.
Internet Access:
Unlimited internet access for your laptop is available free to CoCo View guests as long as our WDSL access is up and working. Unlimited internet access for your laptop includes 802.11b WiFi hub if required. Or you may use access in the new internet cafe at your convenience. Ethernet jacks for standard RJ45 laptop connections are also available in the internet cafe.

What's the best way to make a phone call or connect to the internet?
There are several phone and internet shops scattered across West End, including a few with wireless internet access. Rates vary per shop, so it pays to shop around. In particular, the Boulangerie grants free internet access with the purchase of a food item.

also:
http://www.bayislandsdiver.com/Authors Tips.htm#Internet

When I stayed at Fantasy Island, they had two computers in the lobby with free internet access and an open wireless network for those of us that brought our laptops.

And their at FIBR access was reasonably fast - I was able to do a real-time video chat via IM with no problem.
Access was free at ILR last time I was there - had wireless access in the room as well as the bar area.

Note that your internet access may be limited by the frequent power outages the island seems to suffer from. Even if your resorts power doesn't go out (generator) that doesn't mean the providers power is still on......

$10 for an hour at Paradise Computers
$10 for a two week unlimited account at Iguanas and bare foot charlies.

All in the West End, some hotels now give free internet. Posada is one.

I think paradise computers ranks as the worst internet cafe I have ever used; incredibly slow and expensive. You could practically buy a computer with the money you'd spend checking email there every day for a month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom