Destin Megadive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still on for being there for the dive or dives. I am not experienced in grabbing crabs either, but I have been on lobster catches, actually never caught any but hae observed it.

I suggest some gloves are a definite need and a bag to hopefully put these critters into. Nets??? I would not think a good idea. These guys wouldn't stay were they could be scooped up. I think the name "crab grab" really is true, grab and bag if you can catch them. Back Up plan is the local seafood market. I will stop and pick up my crab or shrimp there maybe just more fun to watch and if I can take some pics of the activities.

Cindy

Im not planning on grabbing any either. Just going to have a nice dive.

FYI, here is Yodas post on how to get to the jetties.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/724595-post9.html

High tide is at 1145 Central, so we are planning on meeting at the beach at 10am. See you all there.

Also, still looking for a charter sunday morning out of Destin. Any of you locals know anyone besides ECS and Scubatech? Rell Bent Charters is the only one Ive seen.

wish you all planned it for the 9th. Will be down that week. Oh well. Have fun and be careful. Would like to still meet up with some sb'ers to show me how to catch and cook the crab.

Well, you gotta love the "good news/bad news" situations in life.

We got an offer on our house today (good news) after only about a month on the market (better news).

We put in a counter-offer (good news) and think that it will be accepted (better news).

The timeline is very short. They would like to close in three weeks! (good news). However, that means we need to pack and move all of our stuff the 2nd and 3rd of August (earth-shatteringly HORRIBLE news!)

So anyway, I will not be able to partake in the 1st Annual Destin Mega-Dive / Crab-Grab East. I hope all of you have a great time and dive safe!

You suck. (Not really) My house has been sitting doing nothing since the end of last September. PM with your realtor's name.

Did you make it down to Venice?

Last edited:
Gas prices are coming down. I really want to dive with friends. I need to use a couple of personal days at work. It all adds up to me actually heading up for the weekend. woo hoo.

I know everyone is excited to have me join the festivities. :D :blinking:

I will bring brownies and possibly something else that won't need refrigeration.

Oh and I'm now an advanced diver. At least I hope so. Halftime and I are going to do the Big O on Sunday. :D I sure hope the weather cooperates. Let's see bonine, ginger tea, ginger capsules, ginger gum, ginger candy, ginger snap . . . am I missing anything?

My time line - head up starting Friday afternoon. Work activities prevent me from taking the whole day. :(. Saturday - Meet up with you all for great company and diving. Sunday - dive the Big O. Monday - head back to the land of no diving and no good friends. :(

Last edited:
That's a 3 hr drive one way for me. It wouldn't be worth it for one dive, especially if it involved lugging my gear from the parking lot.:shakehead: I'll have to see what everyone else is planning before I can commit to that. :)
When did you become high maintenance... Oh, wait... or... was that when did you stop... oh, crap... forget it... :D

wish you all planned it for the 9th. Will be down that week. Oh well. Have fun and be careful. Would like to still meet up with some sb'ers to show me how to catch and cook the crab.

The 9th would work better for me too because I am doing a boat dive on the 10th in Orange Beach. Who all could get together on the 9th for another one closer to the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom