New Firmware for DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostrunner007

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what the changes are in the new firmware for the DC800 thats posted on the Sealife website.

Updates with FW version 1.2.07 released on July 30, 2008

1)User interface improvement: The toggle sequence for the flash button has changed from Normal Flash → Far Flash → Macro Flash to Normal Flash → Macro Flash → Far Flash. The toggle sequence now matches the toggle sequence for the focus button.

2)Flash synchronization fix: FW version 1.2.04 had a flash synch issue when the camera is set to SPY mode and Ext Flash mode. The flash would not deploy when the shutter was open, so the flash did not show up in the image. This synch has been fixed iin FW version 1.2.07

3)Audio Interference issue: When recording video, there is a very minor audio interference. The cause for the this interference is not exactly known. The new FW version 1.2.07 has reduced the audio interference, however if you maximize the volume when playing back a video, you can still hear some very minor interference.

Once again sealife has a quick response to a question, this is the reason we have at our house a DC500, DC600 and a DC800 all cameras have had no issues

That's interesting Denise. How can we get our cameras upgraded?

Updates with FW version 1.2.07 released on July 30, 2008

1)User interface improvement: The toggle sequence for the flash button has changed from Normal Flash → Far Flash → Macro Flash to Normal Flash → Macro Flash → Far Flash. The toggle sequence now matches the toggle sequence for the focus button.

2)Flash synchronization fix: FW version 1.2.04 had a flash synch issue when the camera is set to SPY mode and Ext Flash mode. The flash would not deploy when the shutter was open, so the flash did not show up in the image. This synch has been fixed iin FW version 1.2.07

3)Audio Interference issue: When recording video, there is a very minor audio interference. The cause for the this interference is not exactly known. The new FW version 1.2.07 has reduced the audio interference, however if you maximize the volume when playing back a video, you can still hear some very minor interference.
Denisse,
can you please tell us the changes introduced in firmware 1.2.08 for the DC800

thanks
Brino.

Hello Everyone,

Denise is no longer with us so I hoep I will do!

Here are the changes with the new firmware.

Updates with FW version 1.2.08 released on September 19, 2008
Flash misfires in Ext Flash Manual Mode:
With previous FW, the inner camera’s flash can misfire when in Ext Flash Manual mode. This version corrects the misfire.

Hello Everyone,

Denise is no longer with us so I hoep I will do!

Here are the changes with the new firmware.

Updates with FW version 1.2.08 released on September 19, 2008
Flash misfires in Ext Flash Manual Mode:
With previous FW, the inner cameraÃÔ flash can misfire when in Ext Flash Manual mode. This version corrects the misfire.

noticed a few times when the strobe didn't fire on my last night dive. Maybe because I got in a hurry and didn't wait for the camera t be ready. The strobe ready light comes on. Any way I think I might need this upgrade. went to your web site and it says that I can download it on an as needed basis. Now how do I get your exaulted permission to do so?

Hey Joe
I just recieved my DC800 in December. Would I already have the new version of the firmware on my camera? How do I tell which version I have?

No permission is required for any firmware upgrades. Just follow the links to the firmware for your camera and follow the easy instructions in the PDF file.

To verify which firmware your camera has go to the picture viewing mode and then the set-up screen and there should be a system info tab.

Hope this help everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom