Diving in Vancouver without a car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go to UBC in Vancouver and are a Diver, Join the UBC Aqua Society. They do all kinds of club dives and charters and many people have cars. If you don't have a car and want to dive, the UBC AquaSoc is a good place to start. Membership is only $40/year for students. I've done all my courses up to Rescue with them as well. Check it out.

is it restricted to students of UBC?
I go to Langara.

thanks for the replys everybody and keep em coming.

i think i am going to go and check out IDC this week, i have heard only good things about those guys.

as for UBC divesoc, it is open to everyone, just member prices are a little cheaper for UBC students. they have a web page that everyone can check out and i am pretty sure that all their courses are really well priced

cool. good to know. might have to consider that once I get all my gear.
Meanwhile I hope you do check out IDC & are as impressed with the staff there as I am.

Many of the dive shops in town host free local Saturday morning dives, where they provide a divemaster to give some orientation. You can often get rides with people participating in such dives. Good way to meet dive buddies, too.

I personally dive out of Ocean Quest at Canada Way and Boundary, and I can't say enough about them. Fantastic shop.

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom