G/day from Downunder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and a WARM welcome from Arizona the all beach no ocean state

Whats this about a "great barrier reef"?

It is always nice to welcome new members to the board since everyone can be really helpfull and contribute to the discussions going on here...

This is the best board on the net..so enjoy it !!

Manogr

Originally posted by joewr
... I tend toward the shy, retiring mode, only stopping by occasionally to make a sage remark or two...although sometimes it is thyme instead of sage...

Joewr - shy? retiring? stopping by occasionally? yeah right

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Joewr, I thought sage was a spice that was put in pasta, not to be confused with Rasta, which is a celebration in Jamaica. not to be confused with Jamaica that corny saying? ID, the poet of the Sages

Good one ID

Now on for the important thing - Welcome from another of the "colonies" - Ottawa, Canada. This is the place to meet new folks and learn lots. You'll soon discover that some of those wandering the threads are, well how do I phrase this.... let's just say they are highly unique individuals, but good people all the same.

Fishkiller,

Are you taking the micky out of me, RE: Great Barrier Reef.

fergy :jester:

Aah Fergy,
You know those Arizonians, very insular....
[ducks as she gets bombarded by soft squishy stess toys and some not so soft and squishy]

[hurriedly] Ok, Ok I take it back, you're all great. I was kidding guys. You can stop now. :D

Welcome, from somebody who seriously envies your position on the globe. Wanna swap?

Cheers and Happy Postings

Amoeba

A bit Texas HOWDY from one of the few Yanks that got his open water certification on the Great Barrier Reef (gives a big loving razberry to his american dive buddies).

I spent some time in Townsville and enjoyed myself while I was on the trip, but had an even better time sailing and diving around the Whitsundays and learning to dive out of Cairns.

And I definitely want to head back there for more diving now that I have some more experience and comfort in the water. I'm envious of you since you're much closer to such a major reef system than I am.

Glad to have you here, and we look forward to your contributions!

(PS. When I post the web page, be sure to check out our Texas Swamp Diving Team T-shirts...you could be one of the first Aussies on the team!)

Yet another hi from the Great White North.

I've got a good friend down on a live aboard on the reef right now. Jealous as all hell doncha know!

I hope we see lots of you on the board. But if you ever get bored of all that beauty, warm warm, plentiful fish; come up to Canada and we'll have some.........good beer

Greetings FergyJohn from another new member!

I'll be in your neck of the woods this Xmastime [Actually in Coffs Harbour, wiht a 4 day excursion to Heron Island] - - I'd appreciate any advice you may have [I put an inquiry in the Australia area a couple of days ago] - and/or to arrainge a get-together!

Cheers

Thanks to all who made me feel so welcomed to this group.

A big G/day to Texas Mike..... Ontario Diver if I ever get to Canada I will take you up on that offer of the SECOND best beer in the world.....

Larry,
In reference to Heron Island, I dived there about 4-5 years ago, you will love it there the diving is easy, and many species of tropical fish, a couple of freindly Morays you can pet.
This time of the year is when the Turtles come in to lay there eggs.
The Island is only small you can circumnavigate it in a half an hour.
Something memorable that recall was getting up at sunrise and walking around the Island (beautiful) and seeing the many Turtles returning to the water after labouring all night laying their eggs.
You will not regret staying and diving on Heron Island, it truly is the jewel in the crown of the great barrier reef.

regards
Fergy

Originally posted by fergyjohn
Ontario Diver if I ever get to Canada I will take you up on that offer of the SECOND best beer in the world.....
regards
Fergy

Yer on! First shout is on me!

Back
Top Bottom