G/day from Downunder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fergyjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I have been lurking in the background and have been viewing the various posts through my partners login, scubajude, thought it about time I joined in.

My name is John I am an Aussie I am passionate about the underwater world and all its wonderful marine creatures.
I enjoy taking photos with my trusty MX-10, it is with me on every dive.

I am fortunate enough to have the Great Barrier Reef as my playground, I live in a place called Townsville Nth Queensland which is located a couple of hundred miles south of Cairns.

So I am looking forward to having some input to this forum, but most of all making new friends.

John :)

Fergyjohn,
Welcome from NJ.
Given your self-described passion for the underwater world, you've come to the right place. That passion is universal on this board- as is good advice,good stories, and good (?) humor.
Welcome and good luck,
Mike

Is your name not Bruce? That may confuse things a bit........

May I be the first to welcome you to our wonderful world, in amongst all the banter you can get some great information and help.

Watch out for the "hentai" though!

Jonathan

Welcome, FergyJohn,

To the International Board of Scuba Delights! I see you have already met some of the crew around here. And I can assure you more are on the way. We are a pretty happy bunch and some of the others are absolute fountains of information!

Others, such as NetDoc, are just fountains...

I tend toward the shy, retiring mode, only stopping by occasionally to make a sage remark or two...although sometimes it is thyme instead of sage...

Well, in the event, welcome and feel free to join in anytime the spirit moves.

(an aside to Jonoson-kun...your Japanese lessons are proceding apace! "hentai" is not a word that many beginning students learn...unless they go to the wrong bars in the Ginza..)

Joewr...time to hand out a little more candy to the tykes...

Hi fergyjohn

A very warm welcome from an Apac neighbour. Congrats! No more lurking as you've definitely come to the right place. Bet you'll have loads of fun here and new friends to meet--some with very interesting characters.:D

I'll be checking out your playground some time next year (as soon as I save enuf money). Looking forward to it.

See ya around the board mate...

Cheers!
Thresher

It's what they were calling me all last weekend because I was only wearing a T Shirt under a membrane dry suit and was not cold - but I now suspect then weren't telling the whole truth........

Now having looked at the dictionary it looks like it is shortened and could be misconstrued! No offense intedened.

Jonathan

Welcome....and ditto what everyone said!

Welcome from the Diving Mecca of the Freeworld....Oklahoma

Joewr, I thought sage was a spice that was put in pasta, not to be confused with Rasta, which is a celebration in Jamaica. not to be confused with Jamaica that corny saying?

ID, the poet of the Sages

Back
Top Bottom