Now THIS could be a great dive boat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ever hear of a garden hose... as TexasMike suggested, maybe it is time for that redneck thread... thinking again... maybe not.

1,000 ton displacement and 12' draft on a 180' boat? This can't be good?

Originally posted by detroit diver
Yeah, but can we fill a charter there??!!!! Just tell 'em you'll be diving around a huge sand bar......

the same sand bar that were the set for Star Wars episode 4 and

Stargate for the more well known.

come on, I only use liquid soap,........fool.:wink:

You can park the tub outside my place..........not far for me to go and hey , no one will ask for a captains license here.

Yes it would be a multie use tub.............ice and sun..............

I am sure the Ontario contingent could cough up ..........say $1000.00 CAD=$250.00 USD

hehe...................

Butch :peace:

Originally posted by artsprite
1,000 ton displacement and 12' draft on a 180' boat? This can't be good?

Well, it's not going anywhere on a sand dune. How much sand does it displace?

You could fill it with ice and make a giant cooler out of it. When it melts, you could go diving for beer cans! But you warm water divers would have to buy drysuits... Leaves the CAD's out of it, even for beer.

about that he uses a dry suit and is CAD..

Just think after launching in the tip of the Sea of Cortez head south to the Sorcorro Islands to the Galops. then east to the Solomon Islands up to GUAM over to Thailand....

DD - Why do you think us CAD(s & Ettes) hang out with you :cold: water divers...

To fetch the beer, of course

Socal (aka socold) - No fair - the Mississippi isn't exactly what I'd call centrally located for the International members. [pout]

Just think after launching in the tip of the Sea of Cortez head south to the Sorcorro Islands to the Galops. then east to the Solomon Islands up to GUAM over to Thailand....

Now that's a trip I'm up for but bags not paying for the fuel.

Um...where do the oars go?

Amoeba, my beautiful microscopic, unicellular, protists friend from across the sea, forgive me. I did not intend on leaving our international flavor out of the mix, but the center has to be somewhere, and when we have body parts all over this beautiful world, one has to start somewhere.

Besides, wouldn't you agree that diving in the pristine waters of the Mississippi with unlimited vis, balmy water temps, and a mild current for a drift dive would be ideal?

We could then cruise down the Mighty Mississip into the Gulf of Mexico and all points south so all of the CADs can recharge their batteries and not freeze their tutu's off.:D

I am thinking this is shaping up nicely. This could be a really cool boat. We could put fold down diving platforms on the sides and the back so we could send down 20 divers at a time.

And big enough we could put a huge compressor to fill tanks 4-8 at a time in 3 minutes or so....

Lotsa possibilities

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom