Now THIS could be a great dive boat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I was going to put a bid on this on behalf of all my diving friends, but I was $4750 short for the eDeposit even required to bid on such an item. I am sure this would make a great long range dive boat!

So what is wrong with it?

Syruss,

I'm not sure what Fishkiller meant by that, but looking at the size of the fuel tank, I'd be a little concerned about paying to fill it up!
47835 gallons @ us$1.10/gal = too much for me!

Yeah, I know our gas is cheap in the States.

money is no object! So it would cost us a bit to fill up, it would last a hell of a long time. Wonder what the gas mileage would be on a boat like this!

First of all boats don't go by mileage they go by hours.

What's wrong with the boat??? It doubles as a ICE breaker!!:cold:

Yikes!

Even if you were in a position to buy this "bad boy" can you imagine the cost involved to retrofit it into a diveboat. And then there is the issue of sleeping quarters Coed berthing, hmmmm. Sharing the privvy, interesting thought, takes the meaning of community showers to a new level.

DD, as far as the fuel goes, no problem. That tank won't suck air for at least a couple of weeks so you dock the remaining time. That way your fuel cost will only be about $50k a month.

We could make it the Neptune Divers private yacht!!

Syruss has a couple hundy, I could probably come up with a couple hundy also. So, if everyone contributes to our "Want To Buy A Yacht" fund, we could buy it. Thenwe would have to figure out somewhere to dock it that would be somewhat centrally located, Say the Mississippi?

Originally posted by socaldiver
Yikes!

Even if you were in a position to buy this "bad boy" can you imagine the cost involved to retrofit it into a diveboat. And then there is the issue of sleeping quarters Coed berthing, hmmmm. Sharing the privvy, interesting thought, takes the meaning of community showers to a new level.

DD, as far as the fuel goes, no problem. That tank won't suck air for at least a couple of weeks so you dock the remaining time. That way your fuel cost will only be about $50k a month.

We could make it the Neptune Divers private yacht!!

Syruss has a couple hundy, I could probably come up with a couple hundy also. So, if everyone contributes to our "Want To Buy A Yacht" fund, we could buy it. Thenwe would have to figure out somewhere to dock it that would be somewhat centrally located, Say the Mississippi?

Okay I am in! This could be the official "NDI Don't Care If There Is Ice, Dive Boat!" That sounds great!

And as an ICE breaker those Canadians up yonder will be able to recognize it better.

As for coed berths and showers... is this really a problem hehehhehhehe

So long as butch don't berth and shower with me....He's probably gunna drop the soap....yep....that'd be him heheheheh

I guess parking this puppy in Arizona is out of the question??<G?

Can I drive?

Originally posted by detroit diver
I guess parking this puppy in Arizona is out of the question??<G?

Can I drive?

Actually this may have problems that would preclude any of us from driving! I assume you would need a pilots license and with it's weight I would imagine it will take some time to be qualified. So maybe we will be able to park it in Arizona!

Yeah, but can we fill a charter there??!!!! Just tell 'em you'll be diving around a huge sand bar......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom