Now THIS could be a great dive boat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I totally understand CheezWiz, you could keep that boat in your back pocket for just the right occaision!

-kate

At least the Texas Swamp Diving Team would be right at home on the muddy Mississippi...

we're used to just seeing our hands

Ok, Socal, you're forgiven.

I'm not sure about the Mississippi though - I've seen it (admittedly from the surface) Very attractive brown colour...

ooh - we also need a Helipad, Guys. So us rich, good looking types can jet set in and out. :D

.. and can we have a shuffleboard deck to pass the time during our surface intervals?!?...

it ain't the Queen Mary........where in hell would we put the helopad ?? Unless we double up the shuffleboard area.....:wink:

We would also need room for the mixed gas crowds' refill station.........

Looks like we will have to give this some more serious thought.............any marine engineers out there, and architects.......also a couple of interior decorators will be required....:eek:

Oh Butch, such a worry wart you are.

If our rich, beautiful and famous :confused: want a helo pad we call on the architect who designed the liveaboard for the TSDs. Shoot, no big deal.

Shuffleboard is cool. We have a raised helo pad and when not in use the shuffleboard (which is painted on the deck of the helo pad) can be used. GAME ON!!

Also, in the galley, all the tables will have checkerboard tables so the superior species can play checkers or chess. Yeah Baby!

Amoeba my dear, you obviously passed over the Mighty Mississip when it was having a bad hair day. Very seldom is it brown or murky, why shoot, I remember the days when you had 200+ minimum vis. :p

Will our boat be able to fill Nitrox tanks too?

I want that cert next!

3 more Padi cards and I will be able to play a hand of poker!

Re the comments about shuffleboard on the new dive boat: in a separate thread, Dr. Deco expresses his strongly held feeling that "excessive musculoskeletal activity" immediately after a dive increases one's possibility of a DCS hit by a factor of 10.

The checker/chess boards might be a safer bet.

Beware or be bent.

CW

Originally posted by Fishkiller
180' Sea Going Buoy Tender that doubles as an ice cutter.

Built by Zenith Drege.

Includes:

Complete engine overhaul kits.
Extensive Inventory of vessels spare parts and electrical components.
Technical Specifications Include:

Length 180' feet by 37'molded beam by 12' draft
Diesel Electric powered by twin 700 hp Cooper-Bessemer diesels
40 ton crane
3 100kw Detroit diesel series 6-71 generators
Berthing accomodations for a crew of 60 and officers
Propeller: One 5 blade, RH, Stainless Steel, 8'6" Diameter, X 7'Pitch, 5,000lbs
Fresh water maker
Four seperate fuel tanks: w/48,735 gal capacity
Four seperate potable water tanks: w/35,175 gal capacity
Lube Oil Storage Tanks: Two for each engine at 100 gallons total of 400 gallons
Tonnage displacement: 1,025 tons

Of course, I wonder about buying an engine that comes with a complete overhaul kit up front.

On the other hand - a 40 ton crane will life easy. I could leave all of my gear in the truck and we could just pick up the whole truck and put it on deck. Not to mention how easy it will be to get divers out of the water...

Will there be room for a Pig cooker and a Keg Fridge? (Just one of the 100KW generators could flash cool the keg.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom