Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too wanted to thank all that came out to enjoy the warm air and cold water of the 2009 Spring Meet & Greet. And of course special thanks to our ever so humble hosts Ted and John (Ted thanks again for the air mattress in the bunkhouse).

Great to hook up with old friends and new buddies including Divin'Hoosier and Rob, my night dive cohort.

And finally if you don't like to dive, but love to eat; then you really need to be a part of the next M & G!

It was a great night (aka "after dark") dive on Saturday. Definitely have to do more daylight dives on the east end of the shallow side ;-)

Wow! What a great time! Thanks to Ted and John and everyone for a great meet and greet. This is the second year I had to miss a Saturday night because of family commitments, but Friday almost made up for that.

I almost brought my daughter, but sitting around the fire on Friday convinced me that it might not be a good idea...unless I want her to "grow up really fast"...lol.

I'd like to say a personal thanks to Mike and Rob for being dive buddies. Wish I could have gotten a couple more dives in. Next time.

Good food, great company...what more could you ask for? I had a blast.

Looking forward to Fall!

John Walko

Uh, yeah, good call on leaving your daughter at home this time, but the gang can keep things clean for a short stretch. 2-3 minutes at a time at least if they're trying. :D

I have your inflator hose from Ted so we'll have to meet some time so you can get it back.

i just have to say we had an awesome time, pritch is looking into taking his advanced class and i'm looking into a pony bottle so we can dive the deep side to see the rest of the quarry, everyone was so nice two different guys let pritch use there light for the night dives thanks. Jordin has been practicing and she thinks we should make an obsticle course at fall MNG so she can redeem herself. it was really cool meeting everyone i talk to on here until next time
wally

This was the first M&G that I had my own pony. You can usually borrow one to make a deep dive so don't let that be an excuse if you're ready in the fall.

OH, that reminds me: Did a firm weekend for the fall M&G get decided?

-Rob

It was great to see old friends and make many new ones. Other then the accident Saturday and my two broken tent poles due to the wind, it was a nearly perfect weekend. I'm looking forward to the Fall M&G!

I have your inflator hose from Ted so we'll have to meet some time so you can get it back.

-Rob

Wow how did you get it?
If I dont have that I cant get it fixed. Now that would be terrible. I would have to tell the wife well the whole piece is gone. I guess I need to buy a new BC :D

Wow how did you get it?
If I dont have that I cant get it fixed. Now that would be terrible. I would have to tell the wife well the whole piece is gone. I guess I need to buy a new BC :D

Don't you mean wing and plate, big spender?

Looking forward to Fall!

John Walko

-Rob
Wow how did you get it?

Just the LP hose that fit a regular inflator rather than an Air2.

I thought you were going to go BP/W now anyway?

-Rob

Last edited:
Did a firm weekend for the fall M&G get decided?

We talked about several possible weekends. Denny's "the man" and he needs to check his wedding and family calendar first.

Wow, another great Spring Meet n Greet.

I had a great time meeting up with old friends and met another great batch of new friends.
Like Ted, I took Monday off to sleep in and recover. Yes, it is definitely worth the extra day off!

Ted-gtxl1200 and John-Mitten-Diver did another great job on the coordination.
Way too many people to mention just pitched in wherever help was needed and thus things just Got Done. Thank you all for making the whole weekend happen.

Both Friday and Saturday night campfires were just an incredible amount of fun and camaraderie. Thank you all for the talks the jokes, the laughter and outrageous fun. :eyebrow:

A big Thank You to Mike and Jody, owners of Gilboa Quarry, who helped us out in dozens of ways to make our stay there welcome. I can't even remember how many times I heard Mike ask, Is there any thing else I can do to help you guys out?

I want to congratulate Jordin for her grace under pressure. Few others could take that level of Joking after her very special birthday cake presentation. :rofl3: The GLWC sharks smelled blood and the feeding frenzy was on. However, in the end, her goal was accomplished. This will be a birthday that Pritch will never forget. :D

I am looking forward to a few summer get-togethers and Fall Meet n Greet which will be coordinated by our friend Mind-Like-a-Steel-Trap :wink: Denny, Barricuda2.

See you on the safety stop,

Just the LP hose that fit a regular inflator rather than an Air2.

I thought you were going to go BP/W now anyway?

-Rob

Rob, Wasnt that hose I gave you the one that I said belonged to John walko. You said you lived near him. Is that the hose your talking about??

Rob, Wasnt that hose I gave you the one that I said belonged to John walko. You said you lived near him. Is that the hose your talking about??
Yes! Now you've got it. You're about as sharp as Denny it seems. ;-)
-Rob

Yes! Now you've got it. You're about as sharp as Denny it seems. ;-)
-Rob

Well evidently Iam hehehehehehe.... I just re-read that whole thread and I understand it now. you were talking to jwalko not me. yep read twice post once. I got it.

Wow! Denny maybe we can get a 2for1 discount at the nursing home..:D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom