Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ever think of having the get together at Portage Quarry. I know they have a large camping area that is literally feet from the quarry and a beach for non-diving family members, 3 sand volleyball courts and an open field and concert stage. Oh and 3 horseshoe pits. Camping is I believe $5 a person .No charge for parking " ever"

I believe that we tried that for a fall Meet and Greet. It didn't seem to work out as nicely for all of the divers as Gilboa does.

I agree that it was a fun Meet and Greet. I plan to see you all in the fall.

I managed to get my "dive legs" under me again and hopefully will be able to get on a boat sometime this summer. I thank all who dove with me and those who accepted my "posse" so readily. They all thought that you were a lot of fun.

I will talk Kathleen into getting the recipe for "Mike's Quarry Cake". She thanks you all for the laughs and fun as well.

I for one have no interest in going over to Portage. We have been treated so well at Gilboa, there is no need to change venues - plus no real deep diving at Portage.

An interesting comment for a "1st" post. Anybody want to go see Spamalot?

ever think of having the get together at Portage Quarry. I know they have a large camping area that is literally feet from the quarry and a beach for non-diving family members, 3 sand volleyball courts and an open field and concert stage. Oh and 3 horseshoe pits. Camping is I believe $5 a person .No charge for parking " ever"

Last edited:
I for one have no interest in going over to Portage. We have been treated so well at Gilboa, there is not need to change venues - plus no real deep diving at Portage.

An interesting comment for a "1st" post. Anybody want to go se Spamalot?

I agree with Jeff. From a diving perspective, Gilboa has so much more to offer.

uhm.. NOPE. :shakehead:

Hey everone - it was an awesome M&G as usual! I thought Mike did a great job of making it comfortable for us, and everyone pitched in as usual. I enjoyed meeting new people and definitely was glad to catch up with the ones I aready knew. It seems to grow each time and everyone has a great time. I will get on facebook and accept your friend request Cheryl! Glad you guys enjoyed my joke and the smores John taught us to make! Hope the peppers didn't leave anyone hurting! I'll have to bring more next time! I am looking forward to the fall M&G and hope to get more dives in. I only had one good dive, one aborted. I know things happen that aren't always pleasant but it was great to see everyone pitch in and the fast response. It was also very cool to see Mike care so much for the people at his quarry. He said some very nice things about our group and even asked us to stop in at the office on the way out to see if there is anything we could suggest to make the place better. For diving, I'd say it's a great place and I look forward to coming back. I also look forward to seeing you all again! Thanks Denny for your comment, even after the sausage incident! The $200 was hard to turn down though, lol!

See you all again soon!

I agree with Jeff. From a diving perspective, Gilboa has so much more to offer.

As I recall, it was my suggestion last time when the M&G was at Portage.

Personally, I'd rather have it at Gilboa, we've had many discussions back and forth over the years, and it always came down to Gilboa. I've seen Portage - no desire to go back.

I would not mind White Star, but their camping is not at ALL conducive to our modus operandi. Unless, we can get special dispensation there to camp right there, but I just don't see that happening.

Ken

Hey everone - it was an awesome M&G as usual! I thought Mike did a great job of making it comfortable for us, and everyone pitched in as usual. I enjoyed meeting new people and definitely was glad to catch up with the ones I aready knew. It seems to grow each time and everyone has a great time. I will get on facebook and accept your friend request Cheryl! Glad you guys enjoyed my joke and the smores John taught us to make! Hope the peppers didn't leave anyone hurting! I'll have to bring more next time! I am looking forward to the fall M&G and hope to get more dives in. I only had one good dive, one aborted. I know things happen that aren't always pleasant but it was great to see everyone pitch in and the fast response. It was also very cool to see Mike care so much for the people at his quarry. He said some very nice things about our group and even asked us to stop in at the office on the way out to see if there is anything we could suggest to make the place better. For diving, I'd say it's a great place and I look forward to coming back. I also look forward to seeing you all again! Thanks Denny for your comment, even after the sausage incident! The $200 was hard to turn down though, lol!

See you all again soon!

Hey Girl!! Was great to meet you this weekend. Those were the best smores I've ever had...hands down.

Look me up on Facebook...I'm on WWW and Ted and John's friend list. Can't miss me and my giant sunglasses. :)

As I recall, it was my suggestion last time when the M&G was at Portage.

Personally, I'd rather have it at Gilboa, we've had many discussions back and forth over the years, and it always came down to Gilboa. I've seen Portage - no desire to go back.

I would not mind White Star, but their camping is not at ALL conducive to our modus operandi. Unless, we can get special dispensation there to camp right there, but I just don't see that happening.

Ken

We had a small one at Portage... The vis was rather sucky and the bathrooms needed a hose down.

White Star would be fun....but Ken is right about the camping...

We had a small one at Portage... The vis was rather sucky and the bathrooms needed a hose down.

White Star would be fun....but Ken is right about the camping...

Not that I have any say in this. This one is Denny's gig. first of all if you would have noticed, Kidsdream noticed it also. The guy had one(1) post. So can you say Portage Owner... wanting some of the GLWC Action to help his bottom line.

2nd thing once again this is my opinion. Denny has the say this is his gig. Portage viz sucks. ALL the time. Plus you need a scooter, or go in different areas to see everything. If you can see it because of the bad viz.

3rd thing. We will not get the service and our needs met at Portage, like we do at Gilboa. Mike and Jody have become friends to most of us. I think this past weekend incident has bonded our friendship with them probably even more. they are part of the GLWC now.

Once again this is just my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom