Delta 4 or Aqua Lung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islandguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know this will be a tough questions however I am going to ask. I am thinking about purchasing one of these two regs ( Delta 4 or Aqua Lung Legend ). Any feedback or recommentations would be greatly appreciated.

Delta 4 of course.........:)

I have one for sale on SB for $300 with both DIN & Yoke............

Of course this is a little self serving....:)

They are both great regulators........

M

I dive with a few people who use the Delta 4 and they love it. I use two GT3's with the CDX5 first stage which is very close to the Delta 4 in all specs. The main difference is the first stage CDX10 and the swivel on the hose. The GT3's are really nice so you should love the Delta 4. :D

Can't go wrong with either. My wife and I have Delta 4s and love them.

I would not hesitate to do the most complex dive on a legend.. I love the legends.

I've got a delta 4 as well. It's never given me any problems

I can't comment on the Legends, but I did have the opportunity to try the Delta 4s. My usual reg is Atomic Z2. After a day of diving with the 4s, I could not wait to go back to my Z2s

I bought a Delta 4 when they first came out after reading all of the hype. The wettest breathing reg I have ever owned. I also hated the ridiculous first stage, it's freaking huge and it's a headbanger and there isn't a damn thing you can do about adjusting it because of the way the high pressure ports are angled down. I barely dived mine for a year before selling it. As for the Legend, I have never dived one but one of my regular buddies has one and loves it, his is several years old and he's pretty tough on his gear and the Legend has never given him any trouble.

I have 2 Delta IV FDX10 that I use regularly in cold lake water and then take them on vacation with me to warm water locations. I am very happy with them.
As for the reports of them breathing wet I switched from a Sherwood Oasis which is designed to be moist. The Delta 4 is on par for moisture. I prefer this to cotton mouth and if the buildup of moisture gets a bit high it is easy to purge and not a big deal.
Breathing quality at depth can be adjusted to nearly pushing the air at you.
The final analysis at this level often becomes personal comfort and price they are both quality regs that should serve well for years to come. I have found that Oceanic dealers may be more willing to discount even though advertizing as per MAP while Aqualung dealers are constrained by a MARP agreement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom