Rolling Eyes at LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? I can see some legal responsibilities coming from that. A lot of shops want the owner to check their gas before they leave and acknowledge the MOD involved. That way the diver is responsible if he/she winds up dead from breaking the rules. Its sad it has to be that way. If it wasn't for that I would agree with you.

I suspect this may be more of an American tort law thing. Over here in the Netherlands it's far more relaxed - I've never even been asked for my Nitrox c-card to get fills. The place I normally use doesn't even have a log for you to sign.

Not a bit.

Nobody is obligated to fill anybody's tank. The guy didn't want to fill it, so Nemrod moved on.

Terry

Yet, the shop was in the business of filling tanks. Sure, he has the prerogative; but without good reason (and technique) to deny service, that is STUPID.

Yet, the shop was in the business of filling tanks. Sure, he has the prerogative; but without good reason (and technique) to deny service, that is STUPID.
You just don't get it, awap. He didn't like the cut of Nemrod's jib, that's all. He looks like a guy with a defective tank. Some dive shops use the hydro and VIP to judge whether a tank is safe, others use their gut feel.:wink:

Gut feels should only be used in nightime undercover tactical moves:D

Gut feels should only be used in nightime undercover tactical moves:D

... or scuba diving. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. I've called a few dives based on that premise, and never once regretted it.

If the fellow filling the tank doesn't like the tank for ANY reason, he shouldn't fill it. It's not your life sitting next to that fill whip ... it's his.

It ain't a question of business ... it's a question of self-preservation, which is a slightly higher priority.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... or scuba diving. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. I've called a few dives based on that premise, and never once regretted it.
Now your talking about a whole different Dog all together... the subject wasn't about calling a dive

If the fellow filling the tank doesn't like the tank for ANY reason, he shouldn't fill it. It's not your life sitting next to that fill whip ... it's his.

Any Reason??? Thats a bit broad there ain't it. Maybe the guy drives up in a beat down Jeep jumps out and looks like he's been traveling up and down the coast for weeks, maybe he makes up his mind right there he's not filling the tanks

It ain't a question of business ... it's a question of self-preservation, which is a slightly higher priority.
It is a question of business.... whether you want to stay in business or not. like it said in a different post ... spin it however you want ... it's still wrong... Cause the facts present themselves as N bringing 2 FRESHLY hydro'd tanks in for a STANDARD fill and was rejected.
If your scared say your scared

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I reckon I'll quit beating this horse

No fills on Friday, the 13th.

No fills today, a black cat ran in front of me on the way to work.

I'm stupid and it is my prerogative.

Sorry, I'm stupid and it is my prerogative. (that is just a little bit better)

Sorry, my compressor is down and the banks are too low, but they have plenty of gas across the street. (That one is understandable)

You just don't get it, awap. He didn't like the cut of Nemrod's jib, that's all. He looks like a guy with a defective tank. Some dive shops use the hydro and VIP to judge whether a tank is safe, others use their gut feel.:wink:

Look, this thread was about eye rolling, I did not roll any eyes, the two shops essentially diagonal to one another on the same street were rolling eyes at one another. Cut of my jib my rear, I don't have a jib to cut, he had an attitude and as a result he lost a booking and several hundred dollars of business and the cost of three air fills. To bad for him. When he goes out of business and the other (actually nicer) shop thrives I am sure he will be wondering why. The reason I went back to the first shop was to get my Ray Bans I left on the merchandise counter, I am forgetful of them and they are nice glasses, it was not to confront the shop owner/worker/manager or whatever he was with the fact he was a dufus.

When I got back in the Jeep, put on my dark sunglasses, then I rolled my eyes, adjusted the mirror, put on the Stones and rolled. It would be these glasses, my wife bought these nice strings for me so I would quit leaving them around but I have to use them. I would not fill his tanks either, probably something wrong with him, obviously he has dangerous tanks.

P6150140.jpg

Fraiduh can be weird and the further south you go the odder it can get but it is part of the fun.

N

My LDS has always been great. I took in used gear and had it serviced no problem, I did cross check the gear and found out they had sold it in the first place. I was going to replace the reg. and the shop told me that my MK20 was a great reg. and it didn't need to be replaced. I did try another LDS and they called me a month after I was in to tell me that parts that I didn't order were in and pressured me to buy them anyway.
They did give me the "eye roll" and really didn't want to talk to me about service on anything they didn't sell. I will never go anywhere but MTSS again.

Then I suggest you input odd numbers like 76.99 for all of the people, and there are many who do as you just said, put in an even bill number like 75 dollars. Yeah, it may go in a bidding war for 109.89 but it might also go to me for 75.99 when your top bid was 75.00. No big deal, just that is a beginners mistake on eBay. I too have a max price in mind and if it is less than the item is already at, then I am out and if it is less than my willing max then I wait until the last second and hit bid with my max bid and often win the item, and sometimes not. So it goes, nothing is worth stressing out over on eBay. And as you said, this is not meant to be sarcastic but to improve your bidding strategy, if it matters to you. :) N

Actually, on the rare occasions that I bid on an Ebay item, I usually do use an odd number. The amounts in my post were for example only.

The biggest things with Ebay are caveat emptor, and to not get too obsessed with winning the item, both of which sound like your philosophy on the site as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom