SeaFunDivers, Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has anyone out there heard of SeafunDivers in Phuket?
i cant seem to find out much info on the internet, i think they're located in Kata Noi Road.
are they a good operation?
i'd be very appreciative of some details.

cheers

Sea Fun are good and friendly. They do mostly courses, and are the only dive shop in Kata Noi. The owner, Rene, is a very accommodating and helpful guy. Sea Fun also do alot of U/W photography and videography.

If we are full or cannot help someone with a course, we recommend Sea Fun.

Only thing they lack is a web site!

One place in Phuket to avoid is...

http://www.seafarer-divers.com/

Signed up for an advanced course. They didn't do the required night dive. Still sent in the info for my c-card. I kinda felt cheated. 1 ...because, I wanted to do the night dive and 2.. is is required.

I could be mistaken - I am not an instructor, just a lowly DM - but if you were taking the PADI advanced open water, a night dive is not required. There are a lot of different type dives they can teach and do to make up the required five dives. For example, you can do a drift dive, underwater navigation, underwater naturalist, navigation, deep dive, dry suit dive, altitude diving, boat diving, search & recovery, peak bouyancy, night dive, etc. You have to do five of these and the only ones required are the navigation dive and something called the "adventure" dive.

I feel for you though as the one of the most common AOW dives is the night dive and it's good to learn it then. PADI allows you to do night dives even without the training and most shops will only want to see you are an AOW before allowing you to do a night dive with them. They won't check that you have the training although it's a good idea to get it when you do your first night dive. Depending on where you dive, just talk to the DM/instructor on your next trip and they should help you out without any further cost.

Better clear this one up.

The required dives for the PADI Advanced Open Water course are Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation. The night dive used to be required, but this changed a couple of years ago. So "Law5Guy" if you did the course a few years back then maybe the rules were broken, otherwise, if they promised you a night dive, you should have kicked some *ss and demanded one!

Oh, and to answer a previous question, Kata Noi beach is just South of Kata Beach.

And to answer another question, yes Sea Fun are a PADI 5 Star IDC.

Any more questions about diving in Phuket?

Sunrise:
And to answer another question, yes Sea Fun are a PADI 5 Star IDC.

Any more questions about diving in Phuket?

I spent 3 months in the off season in Phuket earlier this year and dived the whole time through Sea Fun - I found that Rene, the owner, could pretty much organise anything you needed in Phuket from motorcycle hire to entertainment of all kinds. He was also able to organise a bunch of helium and a blending panel in next to no time so we could so some technical stuff.

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend his operation.

I can also reccomend a bunch of places to stay away from in Phuket!

reefwreck:
Okay, I'll bite. Please tells us more.
Cheers.

Just to the north of Kata town on the right hand side as you are heading north is a small soi full of little bars - including some wannabe biker joint full of fat guys in bandannas that ride scooters - that is not a place to mix impressionable young divers and tequila by the bottle as the process by which the ladies of the evening magically turn into the boys of the morning can cause grave psychic damage to divemaster candidates from middle america on their first big trip abroad (i'm an aussie, I saw it coming, I am ashamed I didn't tell him)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom