Info on PST Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Special Permit tanks 3500\3442psi have to have the permits renewed every 5? years. They tend to lapse, everybody freaks, and then a month or two later the permits get renewed, and life goes on (no hydros until the permit is restored).
So figure out when the permit expires and make sure they get rehydro'ed a month or two before that date. That's your new 5-year cycle.

I have a pair of double 100's I bought new 10 plus years ago and they say filled in my closet for the past 9.
Just had them hydro'd and visual done.
Trying to figure out if there worth anything. Dive rite bands and manifold. I really dont think ill be getting back in the water with doubles and dry suit.

With the price of helium where it is and the trend toward RBs, doubles have lost a bit of their value. Probably get more for them if you break them up and sell as singles. With a fresh hydro, they could be $250-300 depending on where you are.

With the price of helium where it is and the trend toward RBs, doubles have lost a bit of their value. Probably get more for them if you break them up and sell as singles. With a fresh hydro, they could be $250-300 depending on where you are.
Yep. Agreed. At least 2 of the 4 will go pretty quickly as singles. The other two with non-standard valve may be a bit tougher as is.

Wow. $250-$300 each? I guess I got a pretty good deal on mine. $400 total for 4, but they did need Hydro.

Yep. Agreed. At least 2 of the 4 will go pretty quickly as singles. The other two with non-standard valve may be a bit tougher as is.

Wow. $250-$300 each? I guess I got a pretty good deal on mine. $400 total for 4, but they did need Hydro.
Depends .... I don't think I paid more than $200 for any of mine, and one as low as $25, but ii see them listed all the time for more. Who knows what they actually go for.

So figure out when the permit expires and make sure they get rehydro'ed a month or two before that date. That's your new 5-year cycle.
Unless the guy running the compressor knows the regulations.... An expired Permit is expired, doesn't matter what the hydro date is....

Unless the guy running the compressor knows the regulations.... An expired Permit is expired, doesn't matter what the hydro date is....

My local dive shop said the opposite and kept filling my PST tanks the last time. They are a DOT approved hydro testing facility, so they definitely know the regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom