Info on PST Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My local dive shop said the opposite and kept filling my PST tanks the last time. They are a DOT approved hydro testing facility, so they definitely know the regs.
Expired exemption means "no longer valid for use, fill or transport in the US by law."

Of course, many shops went on filling them regardless.

Expired exemption means "no longer valid for use, fill or transport in the US by law."

Of course, many shops went on filling them regardless.

I've read enough of the applicable DOT CFR subsections to be dangerous. Your interpretation may be a valid one. I don't know, and I don't really care. I doubt my local dive shop would risk their DOT cert and possible stiff fines over it. What I do know is that if PSI-PCI hadn't distributed that "news bulletin" the last event would've probably taken a different, less dramatic trajectory.

Unless the guy running the compressor knows the regulations.... An expired Permit is expired, doesn't matter what the hydro date is....
A guy running the compressor that would know regs would truly be an exceptionally exceptional exception.

[not advocating departure from regs, rules, or standards, I was thinking failing it at the point of next VIP or even hydro]

I've read enough of the applicable DOT CFR subsections to be dangerous. Your interpretation may be a valid one. I don't know, and I don't really care. I doubt my local dive shop would risk their DOT cert and possible stiff fines over it. What I do know is that if PSI-PCI hadn't distributed that "news bulletin" the last event would've probably taken a different, less dramatic trajectory.
There is not such thing as a "DOT cert" for scuba shops or compressors.

There is not such thing as a "DOT cert" for scuba shops or compressors.

Didn't say there was. I did say they are a DOT hydro tester in #19.

Reading comprehension......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom