When Trigger Fish Attack!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do I miss something ??? that is a flnuckin 100 Peso piece of stainless metal plus 30 peso for the thread, one of my former DS-boys makes them since years and was charging 200 Peso. (no patent pending- but working), he called it Korean-Stick...

anyway back to topic, I saw with one of my diver a very effective TF defense. He had a green UW- Laserpointer which simply made the TF freak out and swim away almost panicking, while almost all other UW-creatures were following the beam and came closer.

So are you suggesting I could fend off the T F with one of your Rods??????

YES! If you have to, it's done all the time in certain parts of the world!:wink: Your just holding them off until your far enough away!

Not only do triggerfish not know of this conical attack-here-only zone, but it does not even make sense. Wouldn't a predator 2 meters away horizontally on the bottom be more of a threat to the nest than one 15 meters directly above it?

Let's stop propagating this old myth.

Eh, I dunno. Maybe their territory isn't conical. Maybe they'll chase you outside their territory after you've first entered it. Maybe their vision or smell or whatever works better in that zone. All I know is swim down and away & show them a fin has worked for me. I don't really care what the fish is thinking, just how I can best avoid being bitten by them

Here in Sarangani we have some beauties and they do attack when they are nesting! Several of us have been attacked but without injury luckily but we really keep an eve on them if we see them! Our nick name for them is Mister Angry as thats what they remind me of! The do not attack as much as the Clown Fish do, we keep an eye on the also! We are really brave down here!

Back
Top Bottom