Learning to dive a doublehose regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slonda828

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just wanted to pass this along. Vintage Double Hose is offering 4 "double hose explorer" kits for sale. They include everything a person would need to try vintage diving. It also includes a trade in offer if you would like to continue diving a double hose regulator. The kits are serviced using all modern parts, meaning that there are no old parts inside of them. This is a great chance to learn how to begin to dive vintage for those of you who have been sitting on the fence. I just thought I would pass it along as a few of you have asked me about diving a double hose regulator.

Wow! This is a great, no-risk, deal for every new budding Vintage Equipment Diver. :cool2:

Thanks for the link!

Here a more direct link to this deal:
Double Hose Explorer Kit [Double Hose Explorer Kit] - $250.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

Here is a description of the package:

You will receive a DA Aqua-Master similar to the one pictured that has been 100% rebuilt and is in top working order with the very latest in new parts and features. Regulator has been setup with a hookah port adapter that will allow you to attach a safe 2nd stage/octopus or a BC inflation hose if you choose. Also included is a pressure gauge and banjo fitting so you can monitor your cylinder pressure while underwater. Now you have the basics covered to go Double Hose Diving!

What it means is that you get an original Aqua Master, but all the rubber and replaceable gaskets have been replaced with new high quality reproductions and many have been upgraded with new materials (for example: silicone, silicone mouthpiece valves, silicone duckbill, etc.).

It also comes with the long yoke and banjo fitting for a pressure gauge (and a one year warranty on parts and labor).

You get all of these for a price of $250. There is no way to get an eBay regulator and have it rebuilt for that kind of price. Heck even if this is not your first double hose… this is still a great deal.

BTW, Bryan still has other great deals on regulators left over from his Black Friday sale. They are all serviced and ready to dive (in many cases totally refurbished and in better than new condition).
Here is a link:
Black Friday Sale : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

Some of the best regulators are gone, but there are still some great deals.

If you are at all curios about vintage equipment diving or double hose regulators, don’t pass these deals up.

As a disclosure:
Bryan is my friend and he is building some of my designs under license agreements, but I receive no financial benefit from any of his sales… the only indirect benefit is that by helping promote his business, he is in turn in a better position to continue to provide new replacement parts for our vintage equipment.

This is a great price and a good deal. If anyone decides on one of these packages, it is a good idea to get with someone who has experience with DH regs and spend some time diving with them. They are different than modern single hose regs and a diver new to DH regs needs to understands they are different and must be dove a certain way to get the most out of them. At a bare minimum they need to read up on DH diving and spend some time in a pool learning the differences in DH diving before heading off on a more challenging dive. I am in NC and would be happy to spend some time at one of the local quarries with anyone who wants to dive one of the old regs.

I'm going to bump this thread up just because its such a cool deal.

And my offer still stands....as long as you can wait till it warms up some (or join us in the pool this Sunday)

Back
Top Bottom