Question Buy A Regulator in Australia to Save $$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

australia won't save you money. look at dgx or hog instead. or just get something shipped from europe.

What I pay in shipping costs and the higher price in Euro or Pounds would negate any savings. I'm only looking in Australia because I'll be there and won't have to incur shipping and the U.S. dollar is stronger against AUD.

The parts I have bought from the US cheaper over the years were motorcycle parts, Japanese and HD parts, I had an account for bike parts in Florida, one third the cost with postage [which was also quicker], did that for years, 7 Jap bikes and one HD. Off topic....But.

SCUBA gear I have bought very little from over there, and when I did, postage was cruel $$, never again....But.
I would fork-out for a

Freedom Plate though. :giggle: Hint.
What is a Freedom Plate?

I am contemplating buying a regulator, octo, hoses, and gauges, but the U.S. prices are insanely high and just continue to go up. I am outfitted with everything I need except a regulator. I've been renting for years but want to explore an out-of-the-U.S. purchase to save money. I'll be in Sydney, Australia, next month. For anyone living in Sydney, maybe you can answer this for me.
Are the gauges for sale configured in bars and meters or pounds and feet?
What brands are available over there? I'd need to be able to get maintenance service in the U.S.
Is the gear sold only for cold water diving? I'm strictly a warm water diver in tropical locations.

I'll post this in the equipment forum, too.

Check Tienda de Buceo, Buceo Técnico, Fotosub, Apnea, Natación or PROTEUSHOP.COM - Matériel de plongée technique

I have order tons of gear from both. I like them because they ship UPS/FedEx/DHL and you don't have to pay EU GST and if your just ordering dive equipment there is not US import tax.

Perfect example below of some new Deco regs I ordered when they were on sale. €431 for XTX50 + DST O2 deco reg set. and shipping for 2 of them plus some extra hoses delivered to the US was €40. Also check out the prices of Miflex hoses.

Those regs in the US are almost 2x that

1710652035414.png

The U.S. dollar is stronger against AUD. Maybe it's a myth, but when I run into divers from other parts of the world, I hear that U.S. dive equipment is the most expensive.

So I saw this thread a few weeks ago while I was still lurking, and it made me do some research. It seems to vary by brand, but there are definitely ridiculous savings to be had.

I'm flying down to visit family soon and I just ordered a scubapro hydros x + MK25 Evo + G260 + S270 with free termo SPG for ~$1700US before the GST refund. The same pile of stuff here would be north of $3k.

The irony is that I'd started piecing stuff together here and already have a MK25 Evo new in box, but it seemed sensible to order the whole rig from the dealer so it's already assembled and tested when I get there, and I'll just sell the unit I've already got…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom