ContourHD 1080p and the H2OV - compact & tough

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, I saw that, but 40'? everything is bright at that depth.

if you can get one in the 80' range, then it will answer some questions....
Hey, Amphibious,

Check out this video taken with the ContourHD / H2OV system, from our friends at Emerald Diving, depth range from 35ft. to 110ft. up here in the Puget Sound. :wink: http://www.emeralddiving.com/EUP_video.html

I've gone in a different direction, but I still think this rig is nice. Worth the few extra bucks over the Flip, Picsio crowd. Who knows, I may still grab one of these babies.

Any way to mount a light to it? I have a Canon SX1 and housing. Something like this would be significantly less bulky, even with a light attached.

Hey, Amphibious,

Check out this video taken with the ContourHD / H2OV system, from our friends at Emerald Diving, depth range from 35ft. to 110ft. up here in the Puget Sound. :wink: H2OV Video

looks good, but I'm only getting the top half of the video?

Any way to mount a light to it? I have a Canon SX1 and housing. Something like this would be significantly less bulky, even with a light attached.

I'm still thinking of getting one. I planned on hose clamping it to a Light Canon with some protection for the housing.

The unit comes with a 1/4-20 mounting plate that you can place anywhere on the housing to suit your application, (see picture of hand mount - PHOTOS) you can also purchase additional mounting plates that could serve as attachment points for other equipment like a light. The systems buoyancy is just slightly negative so depending on the weight of your light, this could be an option. We can also provide you with the strap hand mount illustrated in the picture.

Regards,
Gregg
GMSconcepts
GMSconcepts

looks good, but I'm only getting the top half of the video?

Try a different browser. When I use firefox, the video is cut in half. When I use Safari, it plays the full video.

I'm still thinking of getting one. I planned on hose clamping it to a Light Canon with some protection for the housing.

That's what I was thinking. I have one of the DR Corded 700 Lumen LED lights. I figure I could attach the light to the housing. It would be nice to have everything mounted to a goodman handle so I could just dive and not worry about lugging a big camera around. Since I already have the light, it saves me buying another. I am also curious about the filters. I'm heading to Belize in April and bringing this would be much easier to pack.

Here is a reply I received about the filters. Sounds good to me.

"We are working on a simple filter disc that can be placed on the front of the camera before placing it into the housing, but these may not be available until mid Feb. The ContourHD-1080p has excellent color separation and the high definition video captures allot more color than conventional video. It should do just fine without a filter on most blue water shallow reef dives to 60 or 70 feet without lights."

My unit arrived on Friday and I have been testing it a little this weekend. Wednesday will be an immersion test. I am trying out different resolution/frame rates for quality differences as well as file size. So far the 720 seems a good as the 1080 when viewed on a laptop. A bit of edge distortion with the wide angle. Video was much smoother when viewed directly in Windows Media player than the supplied Easy Edit software. I had no problems importing into any video program.

More later.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom