Shortie wetsuit or dive skins for Little Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned yesterday from LC. I dove in a full 3mm suit and was actually cold a couple of times until the weather warmed up into the 80s which helped between dives. Others on the boat wore full or shorties but noone was in just a swim suit (which is what I dove in there in July when the water was closer to 85).

I went in October and I only wore skins. I get cold easily, but I have to say I was very comfortable diving in skins at Little Cayman. When the boat was moving, I did peel my skins off and sit in my suit and shorts in the sun and was just fine. At night, I wore a light jacket and light running slacks to dinner as the dining room was fairly cold to me. Have fun!!!

Great - thanks for the input. We will definitely bring the wetsuits, and the dive skins, too (assuming they get here in time - I'm tracking the UPS shipment from Leisure Pro....looks like it got as far as Newark Airport before the blizzard shut everything down - I hope it makes it to the west coast in a few days!).

Back
Top Bottom