I wish I could tell you what their brains will be like in 20 years, ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been fleadiving for years. It has absolutely no affect to me whatsomeever.
You fat, lazy scuba divers are gust jelous of freedivers because we all is superbly talented athleticism bodys. Everyon knows that the brian uses a ton of oxygen when the body is resting. As we continue to pratice, and our mamal diving reflux kicks in we can easily overcom the slight discomfort and actually enjoyed the time underwater without bubles blastin across our ears and heavy tanks to hold us back like you do.

Everyone knows that our brians use a tun of oxygen and as we practice the brians get ust to less and lest oxygen and we can relax without a lot of stupid thought that district us. I am sure that each year I practice my brain uses less oxygen , all you hve to do is practice the carbo dieoxide tables some day. I can feal that I think more like a fish every day.

I started out as a freediver and will always be a freediver :D
in my OW class when the instructor was trying to get the other guys to stop freaking out when it came to flooding their masks he glanced over at me only to see me blowing bubble rings :rofl3:

i love your posts man always funny but true! any hints to a die hard freediver thats going to go for DM training soon??(you can pm me if you dont want to hijack this topic)

ps freedivers have the lowest sac :D

ps freedivers have the lowest sac :D

Not that SAC is a competition but yea that is what I have noticed with the few freedivers I have dived with. I have quite a low SAC rate (0.39) myself but one freediving buddy dives with twin 9L and I dive with twin 12L, he often comes up with the same pressure as me!

In regards to the title of this thread (re: brain size and chronic hypoxia) ---

some evolutionary biologists have speculated that humans and aquatic mammals developed large brains for the same reason: to have a large reservoir of brain cells to counteract the periods of chronic oxygen-deprivation both species endure. Whales and humans can lose many brain cells to hypoxic insult and survive intact (as witnessed in humans who survive CO poisoning and emerge intellectually unimpaired). Higher cognitive ability was just a byproduct of this hypoxia adaptation.

In ancient humans, hypoxia came from running, not from diving. While monkeys and apes are perfectly adapted to the trees, the human form is adapted for running --- erect posture, small arms, long legs relative to torso, huge gluteal and thigh muscles, highly efficient heat dissipation systems (hairless, sweaty skin). Kalahari bush people are modern relics of the "running" hominid, with gigantic legs and the capacity to run for hours on end to chase down prey. In fact, humans are the best running mammal. Although we are not the fastest, a marathon runner can run at nearly maximum (sprint) speed for over two hours. No other creature can come close to this anerobic capacity. There are other chemical modifications in our blood that enhance our anerobic capacity as well.

Thus, our ability to freely dive for long periods (or climb mountains without oxygen tanks) without dying or going stupid is a epiphenemenon of our ancestral need to be able to literally run other animals to death, as the bush people still do today.:D

I’ve been fleadiving for years. It has absolutely no affect to me whatsomeever.
You fat, lazy scuba divers are gust jelous of freedivers because we all is superbly talented athleticism bodys. Everyon knows that the brian uses a ton of oxygen when the body is resting. As we continue to pratice, and our mamal diving reflux kicks in we can easily overcom the slight discomfort and actually enjoyed the time underwater without bubles blastin across our ears and heavy tanks to hold us back like you do.

Everyone knows that our brians use a tun of oxygen and as we practice the brians get ust to less and lest oxygen and we can relax without a lot of stupid thought that district us. I am sure that each year I practice my brain uses less oxygen , all you hve to do is practice the carbo dieoxide tables some day. I can feal that I think more like a fish every day.

:rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom